d40 suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gday all.

need your help and advise please??

i have a 2012 stx navara with arb canopy,arb trade racks,towbar.
i'm looking at a 40mm susp kit for a lift and less body roll.
can get a arb ome full kit with medium spring set up or a tough dog kit medium set up
same price for both.
i tow a 600 kg work trailer every day and a 1200kg camper every month or so.
arb deluxe bar to be fitted soon.(before kiT) no winch

which out of these 2 should i get.have heard good and bad about both?

confused???

They are both quality suspension setups, i have heard the OME sags bad but the ride is great.

Try doing a search of the forum, there's heaps of info on both setups already discussed in detail.

I drive an empty (2500kg) rig around town and tow a 1.8T van as much as I can get away with - okay, sometimes every 2nd weekend.

I'm replacing my suspension with Sax Suspension triple action springs and the shocks with Bilstein rebuildables.

I will probably get 50mm of lift with an empty tray, but I've often got my fridge, tools, compressor and other stuff in the back so that might sit down a little. I think it's a 5 year warranty ... I hope they honour that even if I am fitting it myself (and I'm still working out where the switch is on my claw hammer, I haven't been able to use it yet, so my house is held together with a few bungee cords).

Just got my 2012 ST on Monday, have tough dog 2" lift fitted. Only done 160km so far but very happy. Smooth ride suspension firm but comfortable.

Mike

Back