D40 Tailgate Seals

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUNDYMARK

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 2009 Navara Titanium.it has the liner fitted in the tub.My question is did they come out with a seal fitted to the tailgate to stop the ingress of water e.g water crossings.I eventually want to fit drawers in the tub.Does anyone know where I could buy an aftermarket tailgate seal

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433296775.905644.jpg

Rivitted some flat Ali to the sides then ran neoprene down and across to seal the gate

There is an engineering firm that makes precut seals for tailgates. Can't remember who. Mr Google will know. Or as above go to clark rubber and get a roll or seal.

I bought the tailgate seal kit from Clark Rubber. It left large holes - seemed pointless to have and they've destroyed themselves now.

If you are doing a water crossing, you'll find that your cabin will create a nice bow wave and help keep the water out (rule 2 in a water crossing - do NOT stop).

However, if you're determined to seal the place up - there are also two holes at the front where the utilitrack rails sit in the tub floor, and there are also two holes in the top of the tub just under the lip in the front corners.

Thanks for the replies. I like both the diy idea and also the kits from brown Davis,so now it's just the decision of how to tackle it.Didnt mind the underbody protection that Brown Davis had as well. Might look into that in the future.
Mark

It will probably never be sealed 100% but keeping most of the dirt and water out is better than from the factory �� I might do the brown Davis kit also, come to think of it. Every time I'm on this forum I spend bloody money.........

My kit seals perfectly as I found out when I left my tap running a little and when I opened the gate it was pooling inside lol

Latest posts

Back