d40 turbo/ exhaust bolt flange?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantheman85

Reaction score
i just ordered a new exhaust manifold from an exhaust manufacturer and told them the exact details of my ute. 'navara d40 2009, yd25 auto, thai build.' And they sent me one with a 4 bolt flange for the turbo. is this right? do the thai builds have a 3 bolt and the spain builds have a 4 bolt?

ive got to get a new turbo as well so can i just get one with a 4 bolt even if my stock one is a 3 bolt?

thanks

Yep. When you order the turbo, they'll probably ask you if your exhaust manifold is 3 or 4 bolt. Those that really know their stuff will wonder why you're saying the wrong one, but a pic of your manifold sent to them will help alleviate their worries.

so is there any other differences between the turbo and manifold? apart from the flanges where the turbo bolts to the manifold? (3 bolt or 4bolt)

Why are there 2 different types of flanges in the first place?

Oh you know engineers. This guy uses square wheels on his car for greater stopping power and that guy uses triangular wheels for one less bump. Or more accurately, I've no idea why! Maybe they were trying to save on bolts and nuts? No clue at all!

There's no other difference that I'm aware of.

For the record, my ute has a 4- bolt flange. Both manifold supplier and turbo supplier asked for my VIN and got it right. I even took my turbo shroud off to visually check it was a 4-bolt flange.
I purchased a CTTurbo stage 1 that bolts straight on. When I put it on, I’ll let everyone know how it went.

Latest posts

Back