D40 V6 4.0 petrol - Bought 2009 recently - Servicing ?????? Nissan or Local mechanic??????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I am confused whether I should do servicing at Nissan service centre or local mechanic shop.

I need to replace all filters & fluids. 180k kms run.

There is a flickering of dashboard lights and no beep in the indicators. I need to fix this autoelectrician problem as well.

Kindly suggest your valuable advice.

Hello Sam I have been taking mine to Yarra valley Nissan.
my friend is the best mechanic I know and asked me for years if he could service the 550 …. But I have always had it serviced by Nissan because that’s what they do all day,
plus they have the records of the car and know all there is to know about Nissans
something I always done is give her a big birthday first from top to tail. On her 10,000 km service Jeff the head mechanic came out and said anyone who brings in a car that looks like this only I service them, he would hand the keys back and say you will like that hehehe.

My wife's car has been getting serviced by Oil Change Express for a few years now & I'm very happy with them. They have a glass wall between the workshop where your car is being serviced & the waiting room where you sit, so you can actually watch them work if you're inclined to. They have a small team of people working on the car, usually 3. They actually do check everything, I've watched them. You get to choose whether you want semi synthetic oil or full synthetic. You don't get to choose the brand of oil though, if that's your thing. They use one brand only. I was impressed enough that when my Ute (D22 YD25) was due for a major service, they did it. I have no complaints, the price was brilliant compared to a dealership & they were very professional.

Latest posts

Back