D40 V6 Petrol Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnstr

Reaction score
I've just bought an 07' D40 STX 4.0 V6 manual with the factory bullbar. My question is about fuel consumption. Saw a few other posts on other websites but hasn't quite helped. I have an 80 litre tank, I get about 550k's from full till the empty light comes on, and when I fill up I put in usually about 70 litres.

Is this good consumption? What is everyone else getting out of a tank and what is my usage in L/100k's??

Cheers for any help

For a V6 yes , my mate had one for quite a few years and only just traded it , he was lucky to get 400-450 ks a tank

yea thats awesome considering you have like 40% more HP than the 2.5 from the same year and I don't know about other states but until the other day petrol had been about 20c/L cheaper then diesel not to mention you don't have all the worries associated with owning a common rail diesel.

Thanks guys, yeh I wasn't sure. A few people have been telling me the V6 is really bad on fuel. I don't give it much, I change gears around 2500RPM.

The V6 VQ40 is only thirsty as such when your either driving it like you stole it or if its bolted to an auto.
I have the V6 Manual 4x2 ( slightly better diff gears for the highway) and the more you use cruise control the better it gets.I can get down to 11.3/100 in summer with cruise and a/c or in winter it runs about 12.0/100 in winter due to heavier air etc etc etc. I travel the same roads everyday to work so I get to see a decent comparison between the seasons.
I know I could get even better economy of i wanted to really try but I have too much fun driving the truck . Another thing to remember is you kight get better economy on better fuel. I run 95 as a minimum and it gets better economy now than it ever did on 90.Ethanol blends never go in the truck as the economy would drop even further I feel .

Drive it like you stole it and its great fun but damm it will drink fuel

I've got an 08 same, 70 for 550 sounds fair to me.
I am a 'spirited' driver and 13 is the norm for mine.
A 500klm fill up for mine would be 65 litres, so you're doing 20-30klms better than I.
On a recent trip from Coli to home, which is 460 odd klms, I filled the tank when I past 650 which gets me down to 11. I think is was 72 litres.
On the flip side towing a 6 metre fiberglass boat up the Pacific hwy had the fuel light on at 380klm which is 16+ but we did spend the majority of the trip in the right hand lane.

I also have the 4l V6. I tow a builders trailer all the time and am just getting 400k before the fuel light come on. I don't think that's to bad, it's a bloody heavy trailer and I'm a lazy driver.

Latest posts

Back