D40 Wheel alignment-front

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my Kingcab has a 2" lift and the outside of the tyres are good as gold, if anything the inside is going quickish, but for a pretty agressive muddie (MT MTZ) i'm pretty happy

Maby the stockies are the problem since im the only one with outside wear???
perhaps the weaker side walls roll a lot more than LT tyres when turning corners??
shitty Dunlop rubber ill have to get some 285s under there see how they run.

Nissan specs for the D22 are wrong, the camber on the left front wheel needs ajusting 2 degrees more then what Nissan say.

Dave.

2 deg neg or pos?

Tyre pressures can vary greatly,
i had a EF wagon that wore tyres evenly only at 40psi and car ran comfortably,
while the Territory with its much bigger tyres wears evenly at 28psi, under recomended press, although they look flat,
and the D22 ran really hard on the road so checked press and found all to be up at 45psi..wow...from the dealer, so i put them down to about 32psi,
runs smoother now but dont know yet how they will wear as not enough mileage on them yet,
and the XF ute runs well at about 30-32psi just for an example.

I adjust my pressures according to wear, using the placard only as a base guide.

Not sure, will ask the guy who does mine the next time I need an allignment.

He is the only person that can get my Nav to stop flogging out the front left and get it to steer straight if I let go of the steering wheel.

Dave.

You wanna stay in that blokes good books then.
People that know what there doing dont come by easy.

Running straighter now

Thanks guys for your replies, just got back from the tire place and they redid an allignment and rotated the front tyres...

Its running straighter now..... the guys from Jax are going to get pirelli involved next, if no improvement.....to the wear

In answer to the other question mines a 2008 model with only one adjustment on the lower arm....
must be a spanish thing !

Thanks again everyone

:victory: I hope, fingers crossed

Getting rear leaf springs put in the back in 2 weeks from today so I will get the front raised to suit and I will be getting an allignment on the same day so Ill get the guy to print it out.

Dave.

In answer to the other question mines a 2008 model with only one adjustment on the lower arm....
must be a spanish thing !

Your one of the unlucky ones's with limited adjustment.
Most have 2 adjustable eccentric bolts on the lower control arms to adjust camber and castor.

Your one of the unlucky ones's with limited adjustment.
Most have 2 adjustable eccentric bolts on the lower control arms to adjust camber and castor.
Actually your one of the lucky ones as most D40 dont come with the concentric s on the front mount of the LCA
I have been having issues with mine for 3 years now.
Options are
Offset LCA bush's
Snake racing is in the process of a weld in kit to enable full camber adjustment
I have bought new UCA from PRG Products in the USA and they will definitely do the trick, however it appears I will not be able to get them engineered as no one like Heim joints in suspension.
Such is life
I run 265/70/16 and 265/70/R17 BFG AT,s on 38to 40lb and so far not scrubbing them.
Mine is sitting about 1 degree pos as far as camber goes and I actually want mine to be o degree camber. I have got 550lb springs on Radflo shocks to go in the front. My idea is to use soft front springs so that under heavy breaking ( afermarket brakes on the front)it will dive in front with weight transfer and go neg camber giving better turn in.
As some may know I actually punish my truck on a racing circuit as a Fire/Recovery marshall so having it turn in is a good thing. Understeer is a pain in the butt.

Hey Ants how goes it

I have King Super Low springs on the front and this gives a nice 0.5 deg neg camber. Handles quite good now when compared to stock(Stock was 0 deg camber +/-). The neg camber works well to keep even wear on my 285/35 22's, 10,000km, still have rubber beads on outside and inside of tyres. As for tyre pressures, due to the low profile, I run 40+ lbs, yes the ride is pretty harsh but need to protect the tyres and rims from pot holes etc. I have noticed you can see the inner and outer part of the tyre bulged slightly compared to the inner section, I used to have this issue when I was running wide tyres fitted to narrow rims on an early model Commodore some 20 odd years ago.
The issue of bulging is much worse with the cheap imported tyres, they have very soft side walls(this info comes from a tyre place here in Perth who specialize in large wheels).

Last edited:
I am glad to see you write that Dave. I hated the feel of mine and did an alignment by eye and tape measure.

I cranked the camber adjust as far negative on the left as I could while maintaining the relative positions of the adjusters to try and avoid any noticeable change in caster and then re toed it with a tape measure. Even wear and no pulls as a result!

Just had the suspension upgraded on my D40 to cope with all the toys I've fitted and offset bushes and extended ball joints were added to bring the suspension back in alignment. Job was doe at Ultimate Suspension - these guys have been around for over 25 years and can work some real magic....

Latest posts

Back