Dash cams...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't got that brand. I have a cheepy off ebay. dident do most of the functions it stated and now the buttons do not work so avoid ebay ones. I would also pay attention to the mounting bracket and suction cup as it has to put up with temperatures and bumps so quality rules.

I have a Blackvue DRG-550W.. it has a camera FRONT and Rear and takes amazing quality images..

Can be setup to use just when driving, or on all the time until your battery drops below X volts..

They are almost a necessity these days..

Don't get the base model mivue (335 from memory). I bought it, tried it for a day then returned it as the quality wasn't that good. 720p and I couldn't read the number plates of cars I was passing or driving behind. I wanted one primarily to record my offroad day trips so quality was important.

Cool thanks. I've noticed some of the better models are 1020p. The Navman seems to be a pretty we'll made unit and the mount looks to be solid enough, they're only as good as the suction cup anyways.

Cheers.

Dash Cam

I bought mine from Kogan. I made a bracket up to fit on the rear view mirror so I don't need to rely on the suction cup. I have had it for a few months and it works OK. I bought one off fleabay and ended up putting it in the bin.

I bought one from repco that is a clip on rearview mirror with built in forward camera and has as a reversing camera. Happy with it so far! Takes and sd card and has a separate channel for an extra camera e.g. Trailer maybe?

I have the BlackVue 400 (cant remember all the other letters) and its only forward facing but at full HD resolution with GPS data so you can see date times and speed in every shot .

A couple of examples from mine

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UGIkqy9MnU[/YT]

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezGBO5gt8g[/YT]

Last edited:
How long does it record before deleting older files?
Can you select if you want to have the speed displayed on the screen or not?

How long does it record before deleting older files?
Can you select if you want to have the speed displayed on the screen or not?

I have the same one full HD I installed a 32gig card so that's like 8 movies

The Gps and speed are a must if one get pulled over for speeding and you know you weren't you have proof as its time and location stamped and shows the gps speed you were doing .

My setup is a goPro 3+ black edition, it has a 32gb memory card gives about 2.14 hrs, only just got it so gotta work out how to use it, downside recomend to use top shelf memory cards - extreme 80mb/bit rate something like that, about $90 for 32gb card.

hi guys. Ive got a Blackvue DR500GW-HD WIFI with a 32gb class 10 card last for 3mths before it fills up. What a great camera, has a app for your phone so you can watch real time or download & show what you've recorded. great for silly coppers that try to get you for someone elses stuff up, that they cant prove witch one it was.Out standing would recommend this camera.

Latest posts

Back