dashboard scratches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan_blue

Reaction score
Hey all I was wondering if anyone had any tips for removing or blending in the scratches on a D40 dash? I have a couple light ones and need them out!!

thanks in advance
al

You get used to them fairly quickly as the dash plastic tends to scratch from just looking at it. But [he says hastily] I still love my Nav.

When i picked up my ST-R from nissan it had a 3 inch crack on the pasanger side dash on top of the passanger airbag. Id take a scratch over that anyday :big_smile: I didnt notice it until a week later and Nissan wouldnt warranty it as they were adament id had something heavy resting on the dash. Hmmmm :angry:

I had some window tinting done up Beresfield way a few years back. I had a challenger at the time....to cut a long story short they took the door panels off and scatched them up badly, he sent a guy around whose name from memory was Dave Ashton. He used a fine grade emery cloth and then mixed some paints to match the panels, you couldnt tell it was scratched in the first place.
If you call A&C Window tinting 02 49641566 and ask for his number he still may be around to help you out.

having sold new cars for years that is the only effective way to do it, the D40 plastic is the worst I have ever seen, if they are reaaly light some penetrol may work, but use sparingly, will bring faded plastic and fibreglass back like new

Back