Day trip from Brisbane.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudguard

Reaction score
I have purchased a 4wd book, "4WD Treks close to Brisbane" and wondering if anyone on this forum has done to trip from Beaudesert through the Lions Road, Border ranges National Park through to Tyalgum and back to Nerang? ( The Rainforest Way ). Is it possible to do this in a day trip from Brisbane ( is there enough time to stop along the way ) or is it too rushed?

Hi mate, I did this 20 years ago and camped on the range it was simply a 2 day drive. Now that track is subject to closure check first. I hope if you do it you can report back with your findings.

Iv done it a fair few times. Last was early last year. It can be done in a day as that's how I usually do it. But you will need an early start and it will see you back late arvo.
The road has been upgraded a few years ago and the creek crossings fixed. But the border range can be closed subject to weather. Light rain usually ok but lots will see the gates shut.
Start is at Rathdowny, and there is alternatives to come home.
1. If you are running behind when you come down from the border range park you can go through Murwillumbah and hit the m1 home.
Or if you still have time 2. the drive along the border through Tomwin rd into the Currumbin Valley is nice.
Or 3. As you said the Numinbah valley to Nerang I have done thousands of times for work. If going this way stop in at the Natural arch and have a look it will only take an extra hr.
And take a camera.
But ill bet you will do all three options as its a nice drive.
The drive out to Queen Mary falls and back to Beaudesert via the camboro gorge ( cant remember how to spell it) is also worth a look. It has 11 creek crossings.

Thanks HJ22 & 4 naving for the info. I was thinking an early start would be required for this trip. Might give it a go later in April and update anything that might be of interest.

Latest posts

Back