Deleting the catalytic converter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cat isn't needed for the operation of the vehicle. It's there to partially remove nitrogen oxides from the exhaust stream. If you remove it your car will function just fine, the exhaust will flow a little more freely and EGTs post-turbo will drop slightly. Your engine's power output may also rise a small amount (and it might not).

However, it is illegal to remove it. It's just as illegal to block the EGR too, although blocking the EGR has many more and greater benefits than removing the cat.

Years ago on my V6 4runner the cat fell apart internally, I removed it and 'cleaned it out' and put it back in, therefore it had no cat theoretically and I can honestly say there was no performance increase at all.

I gutted out the cat in my ute and the only thing i noticed was a bit more bark to the exhaust note, it may have gained a little bit of power but nothing big enough to notice

Thanks guys. I'll be giving them a miss.. It's suprising how varied the prices and quality of quotes have been.. Beaudesert exhaust is winning the race ATM.

Anyone now how big the original dump pipe is on the 2.5l d40 and would it be possible to bolt a 2 3/4" system to the original dump pipe?

Latest posts

Back