Deluxe vs. Sahara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eug

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if the top tubes on the Deluxe bar (particularly the headlight section) will really provide any additional protection in the event of a hit? I imagine the two vertical supports in the middle would extend to the chassis mounts. Which is all I really see in the advantages of the Deluxe over the Sahara.

Here's an example of the rear:
$(KGrHqZHJCgFBsO4dC3MBQnzgJT73!~~60_3.JPG

Looking at how the end tubes are welded I figure anything more than a mild knock is going to push the tubes back into the headlights anyway. Unless of course scrub bars are installed which would certainly add strength to it.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Eug

Attachments

• bullbar.jpg
    bullbar.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 144
The first bar (big picture) is not a Deluxe bar.

If you want to reduce the likelyhood of damage I would go the Deluxe bar. If you like the look of the polished and bolted centre loop, I would go the Sahara.

Must say that they do look nice.

The centre polished tube on the sahara bar is all looks.
If you were to hit a roo it would probably take out the tube, intercooler, radiator, headlights and everything else. if you had the deluxe or whatever bar with the welded loops you would probably just need to wash the front depending on the size of it.

Deluxe would definately be stronger. Saying that my Sahara bar that I had on my D40 had some decent hits while 4wding and never moved out of shape. I'm sure another car or big animal would sure test it though.

Go the delux bar. I have one and the side hoops do stop a roo at 100km/h and dont move. Although most of the hit was soaked up by the lower part of the bar. A bloke at work regrets getting the Sahara bar on his Hilux if that helps.

Back