Desperately need help fuel system d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepho_62

Reaction score
Help guys, I'm on holiday in NQ.

I've just driven back from the Tully Gorge and have a fuel problem. It's surging and cutting out. There is no water in the water trap. There might be crap in the filter but it's Sunday and I can't buy another one to change it. It feels like it's sucking in air somewhere. If I hit the prime pump on the filter it takes 2 3 pumps to go hard. 8 months ago I put a 110 l tank in but it's been all good. Any ideas. Pm me if u feel the urge to call.

engine dieing?
could also be neutral position switch. give the gear stick a push and see if it comes right. or put heat switch on and see if rpm drop back down when you put it into gear.

No tweak, engine isn't dying, it's just losing power and then picking up again. It feels like a fuel issue or air in the injection system.

Whip the filter off and put it back on - it may have rattle loose (enough to break the required seal).

No tweak, engine isn't dying, it's just losing power and then picking up again. It feels like a fuel issue or air in the injection system.
thats classic neutral switch problem.
blocked filter will usually bring up engine light.

yes manuals have one.
common as mud problem. already mention two tests to see if its is that.
otherwise tons of info on here about it.

There is so many different issues that these d22's can throw that have very similar symptoms.

My yd25 powered d22 had a similar problem from about 2800rpm and onwards under acceleration would surge and lose power then pick up and struggle to maintain highway speeds.

It sounded just like te neautral switch but turned out to be an algae growth in the tank that had clogged the hell out of the filter and fuel lines. A change of fuel filter will be a good all round place to start. Not to expensive and if its not that atleast you've got a clean filter

The easiest way to check if its the neautral switch is with the heat switch on put your foot on the clutch and select each gear, the revs should drop once each gear is selected if you choose a gear and revs stay high it's the nps.

-Tyler

Ok, thanks gents. Neutral Position switch tested and tests ok. Switched engine off and the prime pump took 6 pumps to bleed out the air from the fuel system. Crap in the filter is always a possibility but doubtful that it's algae as each tank gets treated with Chemtek diesel conditioner. Off to the local mechanic now to see if he can help.

Latest posts

Back