Diesel around head

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greesie

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having issues with starting and i think I narrowed it Down to an electronic issue involving the crank position sensor, was looking around the area and noticed that around the (what I assume to be) head gasket and then running down around what I assume to be the crank sensor, is diesel, it seems to be originating from the gasket and is possibly responsible for causing the sensor to be faulty? I.e. Could diesel sitting in a wiring loom deteriorate the insulatoln on wires?
Here are some photos of it, I'm not sure what is normal but to me it shouldn't be looking wet with diesel like it is. And how worries should I he if this gasket is leaking?

....couldn't upload photos will try from computer when I get home, was looking in behind the engine from bay on the drivers side, near starter motor area
Cheers guys

what engine do you have ?
ZD30? is so the crank sensor is on the front pulley.

if you have a diesel leak check the injector pipes are done up. otherwise i would guess its an oil leak.

What tweake said.

The CAS is behind the harmonic balancer which is down near the sump.

Dropped it off to a mechanic haha I'm probably just wasting my time I think:p

Cheers guys

Latest posts

Back