Diesel Particulate Filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camelman

Reaction score
All all, I'm new here just purchased my first Nissan. I have a Thai built 2010 D40 ST MANUAL and am having a hell of a time working out what oil to use. I have never heard of a Diesel Particulate Filter and cannot work out if I have 1 or not. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

It's Manual it doesn't have a DPF. Look in the service book and find the oil specs and buy oil to match those specs.

Alternatively look at the Oil thread in the D40 section and see what others are using.

And Welcome to the forums.

All all, I'm new here just purchased my first Nissan. I have a Thai built 2010 D40 ST MANUAL and am having a hell of a time working out what oil to use. I have never heard of a Diesel Particulate Filter and cannot work out if I have 1 or not. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 will do for you

If the specs match the book then it's Nissan approved, and I doubt Krankin would steer you wrong on the specs but you can check yourself in about 30 seconds by opening the service book.

full synthetic it is

are you nissan approved to do your own servicing??

No, not Nissan approved but so long as I use all the right stuff they cannot complain about warranty issues. Have the bottom tank on the radiator crack last week leaving me stranded, car was towed to a country town and radiator replaced under warranty no questions asked, was very happy about that.

Just like to thank everybody for there prompt replies and assistance :) it's been most helpful.

actually he would need then, Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5W-30 for a dpf vehicle

What's the JASO spec for the oil you quoted? I had thought that most fully synthetics would meet FD, which is all the DPF-fitted vehicles need.

Partial synthetics or highly refined minerals get up to JASO-FC, but according to Nissan's manual for the D40 it must meet or exceed FD.

What's the JASO spec for the oil you quoted? I had thought that most fully synthetics would meet FD, which is all the DPF-fitted vehicles need.

Partial synthetics or highly refined minerals get up to JASO-FC, but according to Nissan's manual for the D40 it must meet or exceed FD.

It Shell's premium full synthetic oil and the grade for use with DPF's.
FD is the class for Full syn which this oil is

Latest posts

Back