Direct Injection to Common rail?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiftyNev

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First few posts on here, but have got a lot of useful tips and ideas from reading the threads here for a while, albeit under another username until I couldnt find the login details on the new computer....:sad:
Anyway, as I am presently stuck working in the Jungle in indonesia a long way from my car, I have been doing far too much pipe dreaming on the mods I want to do when I get home..
Basically, and this idea is a bit far fetched maybe, but in all the talk of the ChipIt Chip which I am very keen to get my hands on, they only at present make one for the ZD30 with the common rail. I do understand from conversations I have had with ChipIt that one is on the way for the Direct injection version, such as mine, but is still many months away.
I am not saying that I would necessarily do this if it was possible, but the thought intrigued me.
Is it possible to convert a DI version of the ZD30 to common rail, and what steps would you need to take? Obviously manifolds...injectors/blanks? ECU..
And has anyone done this before....

I am assuming that the end result would probably not be worth the expense and effort, but was curious.

As an aside... My poor little old 2004 Nav STR has a whole pile of parts and gear I have ordered ready for me when I get home...... Damn ebay and internet shopping.. h :big_smile:

Last edited:
Anything is possible.

From memory the CRD ZD30 runs different piston's to the Direct injection motor.

The head is slightly different to, you would need a full wiring loom from a GU series 4 and them remove all the not needed wiring.

Good luck if you plan to go ahead with this.

I cant see why you couldn't modify a YD25DDTI CRD fuel system to fit and gain the newer EFI system.

I remember reading that the GU ZD30DDTI CRD motor run's first gen CRD technology where the YD25DDTI CRD runs gen 2 or 3 I think it is, hence why they make so much more power.

Hi Nev - just thought i could keep your creatives juices going a bit more by saying....
"V6 Navara Diesel Auto.....:dancing1:"

My other ride is a 83 Troopy that i was looking at putting a 6BT Cummins & Allison Automatic in it. That is, until i read the news.......
"V6 Navara Diesel Auto.....:dancing1:"

I'm running my Nav around 18psi (+5psi boost from original reading) with DP chip, exhaust, intercooler etc and find drivability is a bit neck-breaking when i am not towing so find i am turning the chip from 5 down to 2.

All i am trying to say is be carefull what you wish for if you do go ahead with it. Stay safe in the jungle. cheers :cheers!:

Latest posts

Back