Dirt Bikes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nao

Reaction score
just about to buy a KTM 450 exc, just wondering if anyone else here rides dirt bikes and what they have.

personally i love the sand both in the car and on a bike so might have to head up murray sunset or wyperfeld for some fun soon..

Last edited:
Had bikes all my life with my old man owning bike shops and also being a wholesaler,so my brother and i had our own mx track in the back paddock and raced until we were 16 and the cost of going all of the country got out of hand for my parents.
Currently dont have a bike as i sold my YZ250 in January and went skiing in japan for a few weeks,
But with my son starting to get old enough to get into riding i will be looking at getting him and I something soon.

I got a ttr250 done up for enduro yes it's outdated but bloody reliable and i love the electric start only problem is all my mates have sold their bikes and i have to ride by myself which i think is dangerous so i stick to the basic forestry trails and take it easy got rego so use it to get the paper and odd 6 pack sometimes.

i've got a RMZ250, love the bike, great for tight tracks, revs out pretty quick with the gearing i have at the moment but.

That rmz 250 was a weapon i had the 1st model when it was released after tricking it up on the road it was faster than most road bikes to 70 but carnt go past the it490 82 model 70hp and 120kg weight that's a real blast from the past.:vroam:

rm's are great bikes, had a z250 a few years ago but im more in to fast dirt and sand now days hence the 450

Im old school and still love my old oil burners, my last yz250 had plenty of power and would keep up with 90% of the new 4 bangers and you can do a full re-build on one for a couple of hundred bucks and in a few hrs.
BUT i did love my old 426 i had back around 2001

Restored an old XR 400 R , it's the last model of the ross white line- late '98. It's has some upgrades from the earlier ones like heaver kick start shaft etc etc didn't meen to go this far with it but - I blame ebay lol look at my nice shinny rims ,') $950 to my door, exhaust $550 from the states to my door and the list goes on and on lol I will have to find some pic's and post them here if your interested in ol' Honda's ,')

I have an 03 KTM525 EXC . Recently had the top end redone and its now a 540 and spends a lot of time with the front wheel in the air!:rock:

hey nakkers, how do u find the servicing on the KTM ? been suggested if i get the 450 exc, needs oil and air filter done pretty much after each weekend.. and fairly regular maintenance

sorry to jump in, BUT
Since i was a kid i have always done the air filter after every days ride, i actually like to have a spare oiled and ready so after i wash my bike i can just throw it on then clean out the other when i feel like it.
With my 426 i use to do the oil after every 10 -15 hrs and that was overkill.

I ride 99 rmx 250. I only like riding trails, my wife has shown interest and bought a crf230.

Husky 510 with a 530 bigbore kit.

Serviced every 8 hours, air filter ever ride. build on the agenda is a KX 500 in the kx 250f ally frame.

Was trying to get a Maico 700 oiler but looks like it gone up in smoke

I've got a yz450f and I love it. Sold my ktm 450sxf and went back to yamaha. My ktm was a good bike aside from not having a kickstarter which used to get me in trouble a bit , when the battery would go flat in the bush. Parts and servicing is pretty much the same money wise , ktm maybe just a bit more costly . I'm pretty fussy with my things so I've always washed and re oiled air filter every ride , and changed engine oil and filter every 3-4 rides.Valve clearances maybe every 50hrs and a good wash after use . As they say oils cheap, and rebuilding 4 strokes hurt your hip pocket big time!

hey nakkers, how do u find the servicing on the KTM ? been suggested if i get the 450 exc, needs oil and air filter done pretty much after each weekend.. and fairly regular maintenance
I change and clean air filter and check chain tension after every days ride. Change Oil every 500-1000 klms , Oil filters every third change and I check valve clearances about every 1500-2000klms.

How do you guys transport your bikes?? iwas looking at grabbing a CRF450 some times soonish and want to load it into my tub (i know the tailgate will have to be down), have u guys done this?? if so how??

I bought a brand new 2013 ktm 450 sxf two weeks ago. Absolutely love it. It's a beast. Fits on the back no worries.last week I came off from too much wrist action and hyperextended my knee. Now I'm currently in my hospital waiting for surgery. I tore all the ligaments and tendons connected to my knee and can't lift from the knee down. After surgery I'm looking at about 9 months before I can fully squat again. The bike only has 2 hours on it and came out of it with a 5cm scratch lol. I can't wait to get back on the thing.if you do get a bike make sure you get decent protective gear. I spent 1500 on boots and helmet gloves and googles and that saved me from a lot worse injury.

Last edited:
Yeah tack it from a seasoned enduro rider. You will never regret buying qualtiy gear.

Take it from me it might hur the back pocket a little now but when you do come off you will be thankfull.

i have broken majority of the bones in my body and fractured the rest and this is including a broke neck.

I would not be hear today if it was not for my helmet boots gloves and googles pants and jersey.

These are the most imporant things to get.

then i wuld think about neck brace and knee braces. I personally hate them because they restrict and i personally believe they cause more damage then prevention.

Also this will sound silly but you thin about it and it will make sense. LEARN HOW TO FALL. There is not if buts or maybes you are going to crash and learning to fall away from the bike etc will determine how much you are going to wreck yourself.

im sorry to hear lukeyboy !
Agree with you and Kingy, protective gear is essential and has saved me in the past as well. You just dont ride without it !
How come you went with the SXF Lukeyboy ?

Latest posts

Back