Dirt Bikes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 2013 RMZ450 and love it, first brand new bikes I've owned. getting the suspension done soon which will make it even smmother than it is now! have grown up rding in the bush but the last couple of years started MX, ride at Qld Moto Park regularly and have raced at Tivoli, looking to get the new bike setup and fitness back up to race next season.

Nath - definitely agree on having spare filters ready to go, I have three filters and have two oiled ready to drop in. do my oil every 3-5hrs and it's black if I leave it to 5!

To be honest nao, I'm not entirely sure. I think it's because I already have a road bike and will only use my sxf out bush or dunes not on the road plus I didn't see the point of paying another rego.

cheers Lukeyboy. ive had my heart set on the 450 exc for a while but in the last week, everyones been suggesting the 250 excf would be more than adequate not sure how the 250 would go playing in the dunes, desert all day..having a think now..

if you've ridden enough and can handle a 450, I'd go that way. I had an 09 YZ250F with hot cams, DEP pipe and all the bullshit and thought I didn't need a 450, but the new 450's are so light and nimble (well the RMZ is anyway) that I'm so glad I didn't go a 250. In saying that, my 250F used to be bouncing off the limiter all the time, so the 450 will last longer too as it doesn't see the limiter as much. as you've said as well, I'd be sceptical of the little 250 in dunes, you'll be ringing it's neck heaps, which is fine, just cost more in maintenance

i love em all, got a 03 wr 450, 99 yz 250 (board out to 286 cc) and a few roadys, not that i ride the roads much on account of my points disappearing every time i do

I grew up riding dirt bikes on the farm. first bike was a Peewee50, was an awesome bike, then went TTR600 for my on/off roader while on my L`s and P`s. Sold that for a 2006 YZFR1 brand new, that got stolen :( and upgraded to the 07 model. Sold that a couple years back and am still looking at buying an 06 R1 for on road and the CR450F for off roading.
All the gear in the worl wont help you if you dont learn to ride and fall off a bike. in saying that i agree i always ride in leathers on the road (no matter how hot it is) and i always have dirt gear on (which is much cooler mind u) off the road.

I've had an xr400 that's been tucked in my shed with little use for the last few years. Over the last 6 months I've been getting out on it heaps while I rebuild my road bike after I threw it down the road. Wouldn't mind upgrading to something newer but every time I think about it one of my mates 450s breaks down. Think ill keep the tractor for a few more years. I transport mine in the tub on an angle, it's a but long for the tailgate to latch but you can lift it up and then hold it in place with a tie down over that tailgate down to the tow ball. Wedges everything in there and stops your gear sliding out the back.

cheers BJJ, that had been my thought and yep, ive been around bikes both on and off road for a while so might stick with my initial thought..

My 450 doesn't even break a sweat in the dunes. Not to mention it is currently the most powerful 450 on the market. And they are also so light. It's good always having power on tap at a twist.

Another bike nut here...owned a variety of on/off road machines over the past 12 years...Currently am on the dirt and have a 2011 Husaberg FE390 awesome little machine, I'm out pretty much every second weekend somewhere on the out skirts of Sydney hitting up the trails...

In terms of maintenance, depending on the ride I recharge the air filter every ride...especially now with all the dust and and no rain..chain gets lubed and tensioned and it gets oil and filter every 12 hours...also make sure you use good oil..KTMs/Bergs are designed/engineered to run high quality oil if you use cheap crap you will end up having to rebuild it more often!

Once you go orange...you won't go back :rock:

I'm a loyal member of www.dirtbikeworld.net heaps of info just like here but for dirt bikes!

Enjoy

Another bike nut here...owned a variety of on/off road machines over the past 12 years...Currently am on the dirt and have a 2011 Husaberg FE390 awesome little machine, I'm out pretty much every second weekend somewhere on the out skirts of Sydney hitting up the trails...

In terms of maintenance, depending on the ride I recharge the air filter every ride...especially now with all the dust and and no rain..chain gets lubed and tensioned and it gets oil and filter every 12 hours...also make sure you use good oil..KTMs/Bergs are designed/engineered to run high quality oil if you use cheap crap you will end up having to rebuild it more often!

Once you go orange...you won't go back :rock:

I'm a loyal member of www.dirtbikeworld.net heaps of info just like here but for dirt bikes!

Enjoy

Where do you ride?? i was just thinking of getting a dirty 450 but not sure the best places to ride in and around sydney. (it probably wont be registered though)

Watagans, newnes/zig zag, Belangalo/jellore. Rego is pretty much essential as most of these places have police/Rangers on patrol only places you can go without rego is Appin, pacific park, louee, binacrombi and that's about it.. Really depends on what sort of riding you want to do

MMMMMmmm id love to but i want to repurchase a R1 so i`m limited with funds on the dirty. was thinking a CR450F, my brother had one a 2006 model and it was a weapon, can only imagine how good they are now. HHMMM rego that sux...well better looka round at what i can do.

late to the party as usual, but i ride too. Currently have a KTM 400, Suzi DR650 and a Yamaha 900. Always room in the shed for another couple ;)

Latest posts

Back