Dissapointed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecdan

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the Easter break and heading up to Wedge Island but now I am very disappointed after buying my first Navara about a week ago. Being a Toyota owner I crossed over and have been let down. I brought it off a user here and he did fail to mention the fact that the head is on its way out. I know it’s my fault for not checking the car properly but it drove fine on the test run and performed well and some major problem like this should have been mentioned not offloaded onto someone else’s hands. After finding him on this website it’s clear that he knew about the problem and posted the problem he was having and had to get rid of it before it cost him $$$$ and now I have to find some coin just after I spent it all on the car to fix the motor. This act is un-Australian and daddymatty86 must not have a conscience.
I was looking for need all the help I can get rebuilding the ZD30 I have so any information anyone has like manuals things to check and look out for when stripping and rebuilding the motor just anything really would be greatly appreciated so I can get this done over the Easter break

Gee thats bloody awful. Unfortunately people cannot be trusted and dare I say it 'buyer beware'. Good luck with the repair and fingers crossed it is a straightforward fix for you.

I feel sorry for you, I cannot believe people would do that. Maybe to a dealer but not a private seller.

No good mate at all.What a bastard.Ring Niss 4x4 in Williamstown Vic 0393999771 and get a price on a new 2nd hand engine.Mention the forum and he will look after you.
He will deliver any where in Australia.It may be a cheaper option for you.
I know what it is like to be ripped off and I fuckin hate it.There are some real assholes in the world and I seem to find them aswell.
Cheers Scotty

Good choice of car, Bad choice of seller. That's a dog act mate, Sorry to hear about it. Unfortunately some people will do anything to make a buck, even if it means ripping others off.

Good Luck with the work and hope you do get to enjoy the nav in the future.

Brett

Might sound a bit harsh, but the seller doesn't need to tell you anything. If you didn't perform due diligence and bought something that wasn't what you expected then there nothing to do but suck it up, fix the problem and get on with it.
having said all of that, selling a car that needs major repairs is a shit thing to do, but most of us will do it at some stage I'm sure...

cheers all and thanks i no its my problem but at the end of the day that shit shouldnt happen in the first place specially if your a forum member. will have to make a few calls and see how this all goes i guess

Might sound a bit harsh, but the seller doesn't need to tell you anything. but most of us will do it at some stage I'm sure...

Say What?? I'd never pass what could be VERY expensive known problems to someone else on the sly. If I was on the recieving end of a deal like that I would be absolutley spewing.

We just sold our Commodore to a neighbour, and I told him what needed doing up front, much better than him coming back in a few months yelling at me for not saying anything.
Theres honest people and theres not I guess.

I'm with you Ray and it all comes down to self respect and integrity.I sure as hell dont want people knocking on my door because I knowingly and willingly shafted them.
It like that turd up in Newcastle ripping me and telling me one thing and doing the opposite and asking for more money.

Yeah, shit act. Not a fan of dishonest pricks.

If pricks like that weren't around there would be a need for expensive veicle checks. you would actually be able to buy a car and not spend 6 months waiting for the penny to drop.

Mate you can't take anyone at their word nowadays, people just have no respect for anyone or anything, even themselves. I've was stung a few years ago buying a fibreglass boat full of rot, it looked okay, good price, but the tramsam nearly fell out when i used it. I was told the same thing, buyer beware. It's a very expensive life lesson, but I bet you won't make the same mistake again. I know I won't. Best of luck mate, have you tried approaching him, to see if he'll give you some money back?

It will be interesting if I ever sell mine......I expect to see a post not dissimilar to this.
Hopefully it goes to the crusher and I get an insurance cheque before it comes to that.

Sorry to hear about the drama mate.

Is only the head faulty ?

Mechanically minded ?

If so, order a new head and get all the valves etc installed by a reputable engine recondictioner and get cracking.

Easter is next weekend from memory.

You may just get it back together assuming you have the spare cash.

Good luck mate.

Some of the WA guys might be willing give you a hand. I would if I was closer.

just thought id let you all no the head exchange went well and the nav is better then she has ever been, while i had the engine stripped i knocked out the cat and now i have a diy dump pipe :)

That's a great outcome from a shit situation. Hopefully you can forget about it over time and enjoy your Nav.

well done mate, sounds like a good outcome. I dare say we've all been dudded at some stage, there is no worse feeling.

Might sound a bit harsh, but the seller doesn't need to tell you anything. If you didn't perform due diligence and bought something that wasn't what you expected then there nothing to do but suck it up, fix the problem and get on with it.
having said all of that, selling a car that needs major repairs is a shit thing to do, but most of us will do it at some stage I'm sure...

typical bloody canberran...just like the pollies, allways f__king everyone over..

as for the one that sold the lemon, well, he should be banished from this fine establishment.

Latest posts

Back