DIY:d40 late model airbox to snorkel mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batcho

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just thought i would throw up some helpful ideas for sealing the newer model d40 st air boxes for a snorkel.

Parts i used
4 inch exhaust pipe
4inch to 3 90 degree silicon
2-3 inches of 3' exhaust pipe
3 1/2 inch to 3 90 degree silicon
silicon clear or black
2 short roofing screws
hose clamps

1.remove airbox and twist to unclip the pre cleaner.
2. insert 4 inch pipe with 1-2 inches protruding to attach silicon. i applied silicon around the edge before inserting it then applied some more around the outside edge. i secured the pipe in with 2 short roofing screws due to the rubber grommet they have to seal.

3. apply silicon to the drain holes inside the airbox and around the edge of the steel pipe as it meets the inside edge of the airbox

4. trim the silicon joiners as required to fit from the 4 inch pipe to the snorkel mouth in the inner guard. mine was 3 and 1/2 inch.
5 pre assemble the airbox with both silicon joiners and joining pipe between them loosely and place back in the engine bay. now tighten it all up and you will get something like the below. excuse the mismatched joiners its all i had on hand.

If anyone requires different pictures just let me know

why didn't you just go 3 inch all the way would have been a lot easier wouldn't it?

The airbox fits 4 inch pipe in almost perfectly so i wouldnt use any smaller there. The snorkel outlet in the guard is 3.5'

Perfect world i would of used 4 inch off the airbox down to a 3.5' 90 into the snorkel but i already had these joins on hand and half an inch is barely going to make any performance difference on a turbo car.

There also isnt much room in there to get the angles right so 3.5' may be abit tricker to get everything in.

Latest posts

Back