do you want a cheap exhaust?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3" Quiet system from Suncoast

The 2009 D22 2.5 ST-R had the treatment done on Wednesday
Due to the distance covered in this car per week >700 k's I optioned for the quieter system. YES it really is quiet in the cab, the engine noises are up or maybe you are more aware of them now that the exhaust is working for you and not drowning them out as much. 3 hour run home and the car has changed in that it is more throttle responsive and has longer legs. Flew over the mountain range before I knew it without having to accelerate, she just hung on. Spools up quicker and at a lower rev range. Not too sure of actual figures as it was night time and was concentrating on the road
Will see how she performs fuel wise in the next few weeks
Had the pyro & boost gauge in the back of the car and was just wanting to make sure that they could fit a connection so it could be done when I got home! No need, the boys did the fit up as well
A big thanks to Sean & Gary at Suncoast Exhaust & Mechanical.
Great blokes! Great friendly service

Thanks for the write up I've been waiting to here from someone who's had one done on the 2.5L D22.

How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking??

What it cost? $850 for the quiet system
You have to take into account that these are all hand made, and not off the shelf systems
With the 2.5's they have to use the original dump pipe which gets a bigger flange welded on the outlet side to mate up with the new cat as there is no room for a 3" dump pipe
Give the boys a call on 07 5470 2202
We are happy with the system, and will be monitoring how the fuel consumption goes

I have been a jig builder in my trade and they only take a day or two to put together and they can be done quite cheaply if needed, so this should not be a holding point.

Hi STC,
Maybe I should organise for you to come up one weekend and build a jig if it is that easy?
Call me about it if you're keen.

Hi STC,
Maybe I should organise for you to come up one weekend and build a jig if it is that easy?
Call me about it if you're keen.

If I was to live locally Suncoast I would gladly come and help, but its a bit of a drive from SA :rock:

Just trying to provide good feedback and point out that there is a good opportunity to corner a market with the good prices that have been quoted.

STC

Hey guys,

I think I sent you a PM but can't find it.. I'm interested in a 3" system for a 05 D22 and I think a mate would be pretty keen depending on cost. can you send me some info?
Cheers

Hi guys, just to let you know, the exhaust on my D22 is great, quite and pull the boat really well now. I also love the little sound you get in the cab now as the turbo winds up and spools down.
But what I really wanted to say was; while the performance has improved the fuel consumption has stayed the same. No change at all. I thought I might get a slight improvement but at least it's no worse.

Booked my '05 ZD30 d22 in on the 22nd of August today... can't wait to see the result! Cost $650 + $140 for muffler... but i don't think i'll be getting that! :rock:

Took advantage of the ekka show day and took the Navara up to SunCoast Exhausts today. Awesome service and I'm loving the end result on a 2010 D22.

I went in not expecting much of an increase but i'm pleasantly surprised after driving home tonight. It's made the car so much more driveable now. I went the hiflow cat and muffler as I wanted to keep it quiet and its no louder at 100kmh. Under acceleration it has a slight hum now but its quite enjoyable.

All in all it was a long day waiting but it was worth it in the end.

Thanks guys.

Well, it's been almost two weeks since i had my exhaust installed by the guys at Suncoast. I opted for the same 3" full system mentioned in numerous other posts in this thread, without a muffler though. Its loud and drones a little but has a great whistle from the hairdryer spooling up. Might put a muffler on eventually but right now i love it!

Anyhow, I waited this long because i wanted to make sure that i had my sums right for fuel consumption. After 2 full tanks used while highway driving, i have averaged 9.3L/100km. I must say, i am VERY impressed with this! I have posted before that i never used to get better than 10.5L/100km.

Big thanks to Fletcher and Sean at Suncoast, great service from friendly and knowledgeable blokes! I recommend you all see them if you're looking to get an exhaust or any other work done.

Hey Guys Just a few questions

Sorry for my ignorance if this has already been asked.... How long roughly do SC need the car for?

As i am in brisbane and i use the Nav for work, do SC work saturdays?

Is anybody hear running the 3" system on a ZD30 with just a resonator? I'm chasing the max i can from the exhaust but not a real fan of 4 pot diesel sounds with no muffler/resonator, but love the turbo whistle.

Cheers in advance
Troy :)

Hey Guys Just a few questions

Sorry for my ignorance if this has already been asked.... How long roughly do SC need the car for?

As i am in brisbane and i use the Nav for work, do SC work saturdays?

Is anybody hear running the 3" system on a ZD30 with just a resonator? I'm chasing the max i can from the exhaust but not a real fan of 4 pot diesel sounds with no muffler/resonator, but love the turbo whistle.

Cheers in advance
Troy :)

No they don't usually work Saturdays but when I spoke to them they said they could maybe make an exception if there was no other time you could do it.

I dropped the Nav off at 8:30 and it was finished at 4:30. Its a full custom system they build on the car so it takes a while.

Can't answer the last one as I have a 2.5L D22.

Latest posts

Back