Dodgy Nissan competition

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullwinkle

Reaction score
I'm not sure the major prize was really a "prize" :big_smile:

I agree it looks a bit dodgy but it's also funny and not really that surprising the way things go these days.

It's no big surprise. Boystown, those win-a-car-for-cancer raffles and a whole lot of other competitions are probably the same too.

Nissan should have played something THIS public by the rule book. While I will stick up for Nissan on some issues, when they screw everyone over like this then they deserve whatever flak they get.

And I do mean "screw them over". People entered the competition thinking there was a chance to win, when in actual fact there was no chance at all.

The only thing that will help them recover from this is a lack of exposure and time.

I doubt it will hurt them greatly, bad publicity like this dies down pretty quickly even in the "internet" age. Look at that fashion shop in Melbourne that did the whole "disgruntled customer" email thing a few weeks back. There was outrage and all sorts of media attention for about 3 days then it was all over and forgotten. This will barely be a hurdle in Nissan's PR machine.

But it's still funny.

I think it was Col Tom Parker that said "Even bad publicity is good publicity"

Latest posts

Back