Does fitting a lift kit void factory warranty?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimmoDRZ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just picked up my new Series 6 D40 ST yesterday and I'm happy as. Got factory bar, h/d tow kit & LRA long range tank.

I was wondering does anyone know if fitting a lift kit can/does void the factory warranty?

I am looking to fit tough dog complete struts at front and just for now extended shackles on the rear...

Any comments would be great thanks :)

Simmo

Only if the lift kit causes the problem you are claiming against, and even then you can possibly claim against the company who fitted the lift kit.

This is another FFAQ and could be searched for.

if it passes roadworthy then its 99% covered but its hit n miss with dealerships

just ring them and ask..if i was you i would call 3 times and speak to someone different each time and ask the same question hopefully they give u the same answer. cause i had a f&*^wit talkin shit and costed me.

Last edited:
no matter what the warranty issue is you have, odds on they will try and blame it on any mod they can find.

It will only void warranty on the parts you are changing, and if you put extended shackles on nissan leaf springs then they are within rights to knock you back on a claim that involves those springs.
Everything else will be as normal warranty, eg if your gearbox blows up, they cant blame your new shocks so they will cover the gearbox.......... well that is if they cant get out of it another way lol

As above.

I just hope they don't try to reject a claim because your car is unroadworthy. Extended shackles are illegal in every state and territory of Australia and they may use the roadworthiness to justify rejecting a claim. They might not - and you might never have any problems from cops or insurance assessors because of them.

If it was me, and knowing my luck, I'd get booked by the cops just minutes after the thing failed from bad workmanship ( = warranty) and caused an accident for which the insurer not only rejects my claim, but hands me the bill for the other car, and the occupants, plus the light pole etc etc.

I don't buy lottery tickets. With my luck, they're just donations to the government.

Latest posts

Back