door seals for water crossings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys......

Just wondering here..... when u do get stuck during a water crossing, what to people do with their engines.... Do they keep them running to prevent water travelling back up the exhaust or do they turn them off?? I should also mention I'm referring to DEEP Crossings......

rob

First rule of a water crossing - do not stop, ever.

If you break the rule you generally break the car. If you are going through a deep crossing, you should have already planned your path and selected the appropriate drive mode. A vehicle stopped in water will usually have that water seeping in past the door seals which aren't 100% water tight - Nissan might say it's a car, not a submarine and I'd agree.

Now, if the unthinkable happens (let's say you're in a Toyota) then I'd probably keep the engine going - because I'd be doing my damnedest to get the thing out as fast as possible - including winching from the opposite bank.

do not stop unless ur stuck and try not change gears in water im not 100% why but i think when changing gears water slips in, can someone confirm what happens cause i reckon i have muddy crap all over my clutch cause its been bit firmer then back to soft then a tad firmer again to push in again and i don't know why but since last nights bogging in a muddy water hole it hasnt been the same and towing a 80 series through lerderderg state forrest probably didnt help, i do have good clutch plenty grab

Yeah changing gears can let water/mud in between the fly wheel and the pressure plate of the clutch and kill it real quick.

I have done a few deepish crossings I have had water up to bonet level during a crossing for about 30-40sec or so and no leaking to speak of and I have had dirty stinky Wombat SF mud up to the windscreen when driving a bog hole for about 10sec or so and the only issue I had from that was it clogged up my radiator.

well my mine was stuck for at least 30 min in wombat last night water just past the door seals and it was stuck for that long cause i was towing a 80 series out of there (fuel pump) and out hand winch wouldn't open up to accept cable (did in the end) so any ideas? should i clean it out with something i didn't drive today cause i want to flush box just to see if i took in water, it doesnt have grab issues or anything really noticeable its just sometimes a tiny bit different to normal,
nav looked sick last towing home a 80series 35 muddies 4 inch lift shame shame shame for the yota lol

the water noises in my nav was muddy water in the sill panels, that blocked with mud it couldn't get out so i flooded it with fresh water and a flat head screw driver to open up a little gap in the sill panel and it all drained out nice, closed gap again to

Latest posts

Back