Downhill MTB

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morticus

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on the forum is a gravity nut like me? Oh and in case someone was thinking of getting into the sport, i have a bike for sale too :) Where and where do you ride? what bike you got?

Beau.

Did it in my late teens in the UK, about. 15years ago I guess. Did ok too, got a sponsor off the local bike shop, rode a Kona.
Back then big travel DH bikes were 4inch suspension, they seem to be out of control now.
Did it as long as it took me to get an MX bike, then couldn't be arsed with pedaling!

I use to have a Giant DH COMP and rode at Bulli, Thredbo, Bargo, and a little bit around Manly Dam with my Bro.
I loved it but like so many things its finding the time now days, BUT as my son gets older i could get into it again.

Whats the bike you selling??

I've done a bit of XC stuff but never got into the DH. I have a Jamis XCR Pro that I built up from a bare frame. Full SRAM running gear, Truvativ crankset, Spinergy wheelset, Ritchey carbon bars, Juicy 7 hydraulic discs, SID forks. Nice bike, but a bit heavy compared to the newer ones.

I have covered a couple of Mountain MTB Events over the years, usually see 2 or 3 ambulance transports each event and have had 1 or 2 helicopter retrievals . . . so have come to the conclusion that you are all crazy . . . I'll stick to 4 wheels thanks

Hahaha, well i thought this thread was about to die in the arse. Yes i think 4" suspension is a thing of the past, all the Dh world cup guys are running between 8 and 10 front and rear these days. And i hear you, pedalling is just plain over rated. I get a lift to the top of the hill, and ride back down using as little energy as possible. Still manage to hit the big jumps though.

As for the bike im selling, its a Specialized big hit. Has 5" in the rear and 8" in the forks. Its a bulletproof rig, and id be happy to keep it, but Mrs has finally said i can go and spend 4k on my dream bike. I know its a lot of money that could see the nav with a 5" lift just about, but im right into the sport, and im hoping to start racing next year. More social than anything...

Here she is, pretty in pink, just for a laugh. chasing around $600, need a deposit for the new one. Also see attached!

Attachments

• WP_000096.jpg
    WP_000096.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 82
  • demo-11.jpg
    demo-11.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 81
i used to live and breath dh, i had an kitted out 07 glory dho. Then i found spearfishing and 4x4. I do miss it though, its a hell of a sport, dont miss the big crashes though :/

WP_000233.jpg
[/IMG]

New bike finally showed up. Im sure most of you dont give a shit but im shouting out to the world. Dave can probably hear me from Maitland.

Nice bike, I've got a base model KHS. Not bad for the price but never did offroad with it, some rides around town with the missus. If you love MTB then download a doco movie called ROAM, those guys are awesome riders.

Nar specialized demo i believe, sweet looking bike.
whats your wheel set/rotors?
get a ti-spring:jackoff:

Whole bike is stock atm, only picked it up today. Its the only large in the country until March i believe. As for the spring, ill be getting rid of the whole shock for a Vivid Air once i can afford it. Brakes are avid elixir 5 with 8" front and 7" rear. they will get replaced with Saint and the forks will go after that for a set of Kashima fox 40s

Nice bike, I've got a base model KHS. Not bad for the price but never did offroad with it, some rides around town with the missus. If you love MTB then download a doco movie called ROAM, those guys are awesome riders.

Haha there are far better movies getting around now, check "from the inside out", "strength in numbers" and "follow me". Roam was the bomb back in the day, i would have seen it about 50 times.

Nice Bike, I have a specialized Stump Jumper Elite 2010 awesome bike have been riding bikes for 31 years, started on BMX @ 5 and started MTB @ 18. Ii is a great sport. Live in Canberra so have a lot of trails around, don't do a lot of downhill anymore into enduros and social rides although none of these are at a slow pace.

Nice one Gazza, I love the deemax wheels, if only they came in back to match the new bike. I have the same Stinky sitting at the old girls house in Cairns, that reminds me i need to get it down here and sell it...

Latest posts

Back