DP chip limp mode problem?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben-D22

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or having a problem with there DP chip going in to Limp Home mode or De-Rate mode? Can this even happen? A fairly popular 4x4 shop over here in WA was telling me they have been recommending other brands due to a recent problem with the DP chip.

What are your thoughts?

I myself run a Diesel Power module and haven't had any problems. I wouldn't think any chip could force a cars ecu in to limp mode because the DP module runs independently?

there's a few other threads on this already. I beleive its cause of where the chip is connected in line within the fuel map and ecu and depending on the model of the vehicle it could cause the ECU to run into a limp mode. not sure about the Chip itself in a limp mode though
. Go have a look in the D22 Engine thread and there's probably more there. Have fun mate

It is common for chips to cause a vehicle to go into limp mode because they predominantly work on increasing fuel rail pressure. Limp mode is a safety feature incorporated into the ecu to prevent any engine damage. When I turn my chip up beyond a certain level, it happens(limp mode) and the engine error code is 'Fuel rail leak' which in turn means too high fuel rail pressure. When this happens, I just shut the motor down, turn the chip down to a lower setting, start the engine and clear the code with my scan guage.

The beauty about limp mode is that it protects your engine and it prevents you from doing any damge to your motor.

big orse is spot on.Interestingly with my chip set to max, I've only hit limp once, when I over revved the engine trying to get out of a bog hole. So I'm guessing my chip has a fairly mild tune.

Latest posts

Back