DP Chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPR

Reaction score
Has anyone used one on a 2.5 auto ? Any Input or data would be great. Got hold of one but hesitant to install.

My old mate in the bush had one and the damm thing caused nothing but issues on his 2011 king cab my tank leaves it in the dust in terms of grunt on paper he should do better.Perhaps install it see how it goes if it's +hit resell it and keep it stock.

Not sure what year yours is mate you don't mention it but regardless if it's the early 126kw or the update 140kw the chip just pumps more fuel and pressure into the rail the later model has more rail pressure and larger inlet and exhaust ports and different ecu i wouldn't play with it it goes well enough stock.

have enough problems with the fuel sensor and fittings as it is. Thanks mate appreciate the input. A little more fuel pressure on these rails isn't to bad but depends where the fittings max out safe I assume. I tinker with Motec on a few engines so was curious as to how these chips work as diesel is a different language to me. Egt's would run high I imagine but what is safe for these engines ! sorry it's a 2008 stx btw.

Anything that incressuers the rail pressure can't be good. It's all about injetor timing.

Get a egt gauge and plug that chip in...start on the lower settings and ease you way up...i know a bloke with one and his dp chip will pop the pressure relief valve on the back of the rail if its near the max settings..actually mine will too...the rail valve can be shimmed to increase pressure but im not sure what pressure it reaches in the end...if you keep that part stock id say its on the safe side...the chips work but they really need a decent tune afterwards...a bit of extra boost will go a long way also..so will an exhaust..hard turbo pipes and a new cooler cold air intake....the list goes on.if your looking to just reduce the lag under 2500rpm and a bit more power in the mid range a chip will do a good job

cheers camo good info ! you guys splice into the existing egt or tap in a stand alone gauge set up in the ex mani ?

Stand alone here (auberins instruments from ebay/US)..im a 08 kingcab so its pretty pov..but i think the egt gauge on the late models are inaccesable via obd port also....could be wrong tho.

Latest posts

Back