DP chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Hi I own a 2003 str turbo with 40,000 ks,I have just purchased a heavy caravan which will be about 2700 kgs when loaded,However to get the caravan rolling I really have to ride the clutch and I do not want to do that,
Now the question has anyone had the dpchip fitted and do you think i could benifit from using this chip to stop me riding the clutch.

I love my navara and would hate to have to sell it

all the best SCOUSE

I wouldnt have thought the extra power of the chip would come into play until the revs get up a bit, though I could be wrong. Have you tried freeing up the exhaust to get the turbo working sooner?

SCOUSE i have a DP chip fitted to my str and it was the best thing i have done to the truck.
To answer your question it will help you with taking off. The chip gives you more power down low and made a very big differance in regards to towing and taking off in my opion.

You will still have to slide the clutch with such a van in tow when moving from standstill on a incline.

clinton

Scouse,

I also have the dpchip and it made a hell of a difference, but i would recommend if you do go the chip, also go a bigger exhaust to get rid of that extra heat. I couldn't believe the difference it made, well worth the money.

cheers,

Lance

Back