DPF - which models have them?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

group3j

Reaction score
Currently researching exhausts and bash plates for my Nav and I've gotten to a point of confusion - which models of D40 have the DPF? Mines a 2008 manual and from what I seem to be able to find, it shouldn't have one. However, stick my head under the truck and there's some part of the exhaust, just at the exit of the engine bay and just above the bottom of the chassis, which looks awefully like what I think may be a DPF. Its shrouded in a heat shield, so I can't be sure.

So can anyone tell me, what models came out with the DPF?

Many ta's.

Currently researching exhausts and bash plates for my Nav and I've gotten to a point of confusion - which models of D40 have the DPF? Mines a 2008 manual and from what I seem to be able to find, it shouldn't have one. However, stick my head under the truck and there's some part of the exhaust, just at the exit of the engine bay and just above the bottom of the chassis, which looks awefully like what I think may be a DPF. Its shrouded in a heat shield, so I can't be sure.

So can anyone tell me, what models came out with the DPF?

Many ta's.

I know that my 2008 auto has one and I believe that this is true for all autos post 2006. But, they are not fitted to manuals....go figure!

I think you are looking at the cat. Dpf's are located approx under the rear footwell if I remember correctly. No manuals have them either.

If it's a 450 then it doesn't have one but if it's the ST or RX then it does as they are still using the older pre-facelift engine.

Thanks for the response, mines an STX so no DPF for me. How are things in Christchurch? I was there in the two weeks after the February quake. I hope things have improved since then.

Cheers
Racketsports

Thanks for the response, mines an STX so no DPF for me. How are things in Christchurch? I was there in the two weeks after the February quake. I hope things have improved since then.

Cheers
Racketsports

I thought is was related to whether you had auto or manual not according to RX, SX, STX......

Thanks guys. I was under the truck on the weekend and I'm still not sure; I know being an manual it shouldn't have one, but there's definitely something around the base of the firewall and it doesn't look like the cat (which looks to be next to the gearbox).

I'll take some shots in the coming few days and get them posted, as I'd be keen for some opinions.

Cheers
Racketsports

Christchurch is getting better the after shocks are tappering off now thankfully.
Our family got off lightly as we live on the Northwest of the city close to the airport and around our neck of the woods you hardly even know it's happened but as most have seen on TV on the East side of town it's a different story and will be for years. Some of the suburbs have been written off by the government and are never going to be built on again but life goes on and for most people we have just adjusted our lifestyles and got on with life.

I thought is was related to whether you had auto or manual not according to RX, SX, STX......

It does.\
Only pre facelift STX (07 to 10) plus all ST & RX with automatic box have them.
The facelift 450's do not have them but the 550's do (although they are different to the 2.5L ones).

Latest posts

Back