Drawers, fridge slide and roof console

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-D22

Reaction score
I finally finished a few projects over Christmas. Drawers are made from 12mm ply covered in boat carpet. I used 125kg runners from ebay, cost about $550 in total. Drop down fridge slide takes a 50 - 60 litre fridge/esky and cost about $130 and the roof console is marine ply covered in roof lining fabric. I used the original lights and switches, total cost less than $70. I'll be removing the interior light and adding a drop down lcd/dvd player.

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_3059.jpg
    IMG_3059.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 575
wow what a top DIY.
I'm sure you set back and had a beer and admired it.

It always feels good doing something for yourself,and others praise the job you have achieved.

Well done😎

Wow nice a console, a DIY post would be tops so us useless people could also have a crack at one haha. Rather than paying the $500 odd for one commercially made

It all looks awesome mate, top job! Yep, a 'DIY/how to' post on the roof console would be great for those of us who would like to have a go at building something similar.

Cheers, Ben

Hey mate

They look great. Have you got a link to the drawer slide you used as I'm currently putting things together to start my drawer for my 22.

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, here's the link to the runners I used http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1000mm-1...?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item43d19ef90d
Would have loved to do a DIY but didn't take any photos or keep any drawings. I just copied stuff that I'd seen on other sites and combined different ideas to suit what I wanted. The hardest part with the console was to make the brackets to fit the existing screw holes in the roof and make it fit snugly.

I finally finished a few projects over Christmas. Drawers are made from 12mm ply covered in boat carpet. I used 125kg runners from ebay, cost about $550 in total. Drop down fridge slide takes a 50 - 60 litre fridge/esky and cost about $130 and the roof console is marine ply covered in roof lining fabric. I used the original lights and switches, total cost less than $70. I'll be removing the interior light and adding a drop down lcd/dvd player.

Roof console... Shit hot mate. How did you mount it? Should make a few more and sell em. I buy on for my d40 off ya looks the part

I had to make 2 brackets that screw to the existing screw holes for the rear view mirror and interior light. The original screws and holes are capable of holding the console with the radio.

I had to make 2 brackets that screw to the existing screw holes for the rear view mirror and interior light. The original screws and holes are capable of holding the console with the radio.

You really did a top job mate!!!!!!!���������� :redcool:

I didn't mate sorry. I just did a search of commercially made and home made ones and tried to copy them. You have to be very precise with the measurements to make it work and I had to design it around fridge size and the height of my drawers and canopy. I can see why they can get away with charging so much for them, it was a bit tricky to make. I have a 50 litre Waeco on it now and it can lift it fully loaded no worries.

Back