Drivetrain oil changes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vh202

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just changed my rear diffs oil and my god it was difficult to fill. Never managed to spill that much oil in my life :p Im looking at doing the gearbox next and that has made me reconsider doing it

Is there any easy ways to do this? I was thinking of getting a small hand pump. Or is is there some sort of special funnel that helps?

Cheers
Vh

an oil syringe or squeeze bottle. both can be messy to refill.
have heard of guys running a hose from a container and pumping a bit of compressed air into the container.

lol you can buy a fluid pump and bottle at most auto accessories shops ,1 lt container with a palm pump on top $20 tops...elcheepo but I've done two major services on her with it....lengthen the pipe on the unit and it may screw onto a 5lt container ,')

I made a filler up using 90mm drain pipe a reducer fitting and tap with clear hose (all from bunnings). It looks like it should be in a hospital but I can fill a gearbox in 30 seconds flat. I did it the hard way once but never again. Their is a size air fitting that will screw in to the filler hole to. Don't know the size but it makes life easier. I'll post some pics of it for the ones that may want to make one.

Latest posts

Back