Dual battery system for 09' D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy78

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just joined the forum, I just bought a 09' Navara dual cab ST-X, Petrol!
I know! I know! your probably thinking why a petrol, thats what all my mates said, but I couldn't help myself.

I've almost got all my accesories - bullbar, towbar, spotties, rhino liner,
Carryboy canopy.

Does anyone know where I can put a spare battery?

As I have a petrol I can't use the Piranha tray that bolts under the drivers side chassis (exhaust in the way).And there is no room in the engine bay.
I didn't want it in the tray, The only spot I could find was pretty much in the middle under the tray, which means I have to fabricate a battery box and bolt it under the tray.

Any one with any ideas that I might not have thought of would be great to hear from you.

Thanks
Jimmy

Us diesel jockeys have the same problem. It either goes in the tub or under it.

One of the guys made a battery box that attaches to the clamp rail on the right side over the wheel arch. Personally, I'm thinking that's the best place for it - I usually do stuff in the left side or rear, so the right side occupying the space up to the window edge is perfect.

I can't do much heavy lifting at the moment, so I've gotta leave my batteries where they are, it's a project for another time, but that's where mine'll go. When I build my battery box I'll post up pics, but don't hold your breath as I'll need another month to recuperate.

I should have added, welcome to the forum!

Hey mate,

I've been toying with an idea for some time - there is plenty of unused space inside the void between the inner and outer skins of the tub, at the rear of the rub (behind the axle, above the chassis). I've seen one other person's battery frame for a D40 in that location and it worked just fine. If you were after a triple battery setup (and plenty of people are these days for extended stays) then you have both sides of the tub/chassis to play with.

The spot will accept a full size case battery.

Anyway, that is something that I always had on my "to do" list, however never got around to it. As I couldn't be bothered, I am thinking of just going back to the simple option of the Piranha tray with a gel battery as I don't need the huge reserve capacity.

Thanks Tony, I had a look at that battery box that attaches to the clamp rail inside the tray, he did a great job of it. but I think I'll put it under the tray, as I have a dog I need all the room in the tray I can get.

Thanks Anthony, I'll check that out.

Thanks for the feed back guys, much appreciated

Back