Dual fuel tanks D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scottybobcat said:
t is definately a custom jobby but looks good. i wouldn'y be able to fit it under mine.Mine sounds like a nascar as it is.lol

Lol yeah when I brought my 80 I saw your rig on YouTube, gave me bloody goosebumps lol, your to blame for buying another nav! The filler looks ordinary, when I pull this tank I'm gonna give all the pipes and filler a make over thats for sure

Dion said:
I couldn't think of a worse way of doing that, but if it works, hey whatever.

If I found a factory fuel filler (wrecker) then where would you put the second? An 80 series setup might work

its a top idea i recon i had the same thing in a 85 modle pajero back in the 90s i had the sheet metel blokes next door nock it up the only down side with mine was that where we put the filler for second tank up under left guard if i got truck out of shap tyre some times grabed cap so i always caried a spare as far transfering fuel from res to main i just got a eletcric pump and when i got down to about half i would flick a switch in dash was prity simple but efective had a bubble guage on side if res tank so thats how i monetered that one

I'm still now sure how this setup works, the switch on the dash is a 2 way switch, 120L to the left and flick it to the right for the 75L. Theres a little electric pump under the nav, but I never hear it running, when you flick the switch back and forth, the fuel gauge adjusts accordingly. So its not transferring fuel from one tank to another? I's it just feeding fuel from the selected tank?

Sounds like it might be using a two way solenoid valve, and the electric pump might be something to do with trying to transfer fuel in the case of a ruptured tank.

I'd use a stock (unmodified) filler, and have a stainless steel pipe tee piece welded up by a decent exhaust joint, so it goes stock filler => short rubber hose => tee piece [1. => rubber pipe => original tank] + [2. => rubber pipe => second tank]. However if your current filler isn't leaking and isn't rusting, there's no problem.

Sounds like it might be using a two way solenoid valve, and the electric pump might be something to do with trying to transfer fuel in the case of a ruptured tank.

I'd use a stock (unmodified) filler, and have a stainless steel pipe tee piece welded up by a decent exhaust joint, so it goes stock filler => short rubber hose => tee piece [1. => rubber pipe => original tank] + [2. => rubber pipe => second tank]. However if your current filler isn't leaking and isn't rusting, there's no problem.

Thats a good idea, i'll try and keep an eye out for a stock filler, theres some minor surface rust around the welds so I would like to do something about it soon

Back