Dust entering throw tailgate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grubbadoo1

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone on here has a problem with dust getting in through tailgate and what the fix is. any ideas would be great thank Les

D40 or D22? Not that it matters much because they both leak from more than just the tailgate.

Check out Clark Rubber they make a seal that some here have had decent success with on the tailgate. There is a thread on here somewhere which even has pics, although it might be a D40 thread.

do you have a canopy ?
if u do, fit a forward facing vent to pressurise canopy area

THere is a thread and or few posts here about the very subject

I've been almost succesful...on the bottom anyway with some refridgeration sealing foam rubber and up the sides with some adhesive door seal, the grey bristle type but I'm finding the adhesive doesn't last long up the top end of the sides where its all bendy

Last edited by a moderator:
Advanced Search for "sealing the canopy" or "sealing the tub" I can't remember which. There is about 35 pages on it because we went a little off topic and were discussing the A/C vents amongst the chatter as well.

I've done a damn successful job of water and dust sealing my tub (ARB canopy fitted). the biggest problem area is where the tailgate and rear lift up window meet, though I have some ideas about how to get around this.

That's about the only place mine does seal.

Although I'm still not overly worried about the dust, I get more crud and stuff from the work boots and gumboots than dust from the holes Nissan left me.

positive air pressure inside canopy area will stop 98% of dust
arb sell vents to do the job
why dont rally cars have dust inside ??
positive pressure vents on roof

THere is a thread and or few posts here about the very subject

I've been almost succesful...on the bottom anyway with some refridgeration sealing foam rubber and up the sides with some adhesive door seal, the grey bristle type but I'm finding the adhesive doesn't last long up the top end of the sides where its all bendy

I've done the same with foam seal across the bottom but i've given up on the sides as you're right they don't last long on the bent sections.

I also found most of the dust in my tray comes from the two holes under the rails at the very front so i've shoved some foam in there to block it. The other 3 holes under the side rails of the tubs i sealed up with that silver weather tape stuff and it worked a treat.

Latest posts

Back