Ebay intercoolers. Are they Ok?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit-chop

Reaction score
Looking at fitting an I/C to my zd30 d22, picked up a xr6 cooler cheap, but will need to get it shortened by about 110-130mm(can the core even be shortened?) to get it in cos of the winch.

Anyways, theres air to air coolers on ebay that would fit goin for around $120-$160, and water-to-air coolers for about $460.

They all look like they come from the same manufacturer.

Im tempted to get a water-to-air cos they come with everything and wont have to worry about spending another $250 on plumbing that im gonna have to force-fit anyway, but i'm a bit concerned about the quality.

Anyone had any experience with any of the ebay coolers?

Also, what is this thing. Is it ok to disconnect it so i can move it somewhere else? Does it have to be mounted vertically?

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 92
rabbit-chop said:
Also, what is this thing. Is it ok to disconnect it so i can move it somewhere else? Does it have to be mounted vertically?

Am I right in saying that's an oil cooler? Or something like that. And I've. O idea a out moving it.

Thanks mate, but i'm pretty sure its something to do with the air-conditioning. But i want to know if its pressurised, whether ican unplug the hoses so i can move it to make way for an intercooler, and whether it has to remain vertical for some reason, or if i can just mount it horizontaly.

Can,t be too pressurized there only a spring clamp, air con connections are all crimped or similar fittings

Power steering oil cooler, you can move it like I did for my intercooler, but I had to get new pipes and fitting and cut it down a bit because the standard rubber hoses are moulded. I moved mine down the bottom under the intercooler, you'll lose pretty much all the fluid in your power steer system, but you can refill it after.

i bought one of the water to air intercoolers mate. it was a home job kit but it came with an instructional dvd and the guy was pretty helpful. i relocated the power steering and just put some new hose on it

Thanx guys, i guess i should of pulled the bash-plate off and had a look before posting stupid questions. It looks exactly like the whatsit that came off my other car when i ripped out the air-con.
Mike where did you grt your cooler? Was it expensive? Welds look good?

hey mike, you wouldnt have happened to have bought that water to air kit from a guy named heath would you? i bought mine from that guy, really nice guy and a real help with explaining things, the kits a wonderful thing too!

Latest posts

Back