ebay snorkel kits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't bought one for the D22, BUT i have bought one for a mate's new Hilux and my wife's old "95" Hilux and both were as Good as my Safari i have on my D40. The only thing was the layout's were a little off, i just placed them over the snorkel itself and re-marked the bolt holes.

I fitted to my nav a safari and then 2 jeeps with these, There just not as pretty as the real Safari snorkels, I'd throw out the pipe they supply as its really crap, And the templates arnt 100%

The only real issue that I've heard of with the cheaper knock-off snorkels is the quality of the plastic and its UV stability. There have been a couple of people complain that the plastic cracks or "crazes" or discolours.

The only real issue that I've heard of with the cheaper knock-off snorkels is the quality of the plastic and its UV stability. There have been a couple of people complain that the plastic cracks or "crazes" or discolours.

After how long and where are the cars located..FNQ or down in Tassie ?

i just installed my snorkel, i got it from Garry at nizzbits looks great...but when I'm driving and rev it over 2800 revs just before i change gear it sucks alot of air in making a prominent sucking noise, is this normal cause I'm not sure... the snorkel has made the car quieter and abit more guttsy...

especially in turbo cars. this noise is medicin mate hahaha. i used to go through curvy roads in my gtir with music off and window down just to listen to the induction noise and the bov while i rip it through the corners. couldnt get enough of it.

qqc d22 said:
just wondering if any of you guys have tried one of these. my main concern is fitment to the guard, i dont wanna cheap out if its going to have terrible gaps where it meets the guard.
any input would be much appreciated.
Cheers Dale
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4WD-Snorkel-Kit-Nissan-Navara-D22-2001-onwards-3-Yr-Warranty-/200740848296?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ebd1642a8

Hey dale
I just installed an eBay snorkel it wasn't the one the link show but it was one from a company called direct accessories. Mines not 100% snug with the guard but it is good enough for me, I'm
More then happy with it

i just had a look at direct 4x4 accessories kit you were talking about and its the same kit different seller. you don't have any pics of the fitment to the guard by any chance??

qqc d22 said:
i just had a look at direct 4x4 accessories kit you were talking about and its the same kit different seller. you don't have any pics of the fitment to the guard by any chance??

These are the only pictures I have, if you want I'll take some tomorrow arvo and post up for ya

Attachments

• image-3960470727.jpg
    image-3960470727.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 204
  • image-3475244156.jpg
    image-3475244156.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 209
awsome thanks for the pics look pretty good. If you get a chance to take some close up shots of it it would be appreciated heaps mate.
by the looks i think ill go with one of these and save some cash for other projects :)

That's what I did lol I brought this and install it myself saved heaps only problem was moving the blinker I sorta stuffed that up but oh we'll haha I got another 3 weeks till my intercooler turns up from CROSS COUNTRY then ill get a bigger exhaust

arrrreee cheers for the heads up i didnt notice the blinker, thats a bit crap.
i knew you had to do it on safari or atleast i think i read that somewhere but i didnt even check that with this one :(
if you could take some pics of it fitted that would be awsome

qqc d22 said:
arrrreee cheers for the heads up i didnt notice the blinker, thats a bit crap.
i knew you had to do it on safari or atleast i think i read that somewhere but i didnt even check that with this one :(
if you could take some pics of it fitted that would be awsome

Will do mate I'll try and see if it show up now lol

Back