EFS leafs help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh_tsv

Reaction score
After some help, I've had my mechanic fit a lift kit to my 2012 ST Dual cab.
Bilstein 5100 all round, Kings tapered coils to the front and EFS 150kg springs to the rear. Got 60mm in the front and 65mm in the rear, happy days the factory stuff must of been sag a bit.

Now my issue is that I was supplie Nis20e EFS leafs and my mechanic mention they may be the wrong ones after I complained the back was a bit stiff/bouncy for my liking.

So I did some research and on the Fulcrum site it said to measure the original leafs, but they have since gone to the dump FML...

Can anyone confirm which ones are meant for my car and if it would make that much of a difference having the shorter Nis20e's (740mm) over the Nis17e's (755mm).

Thanks Josh

As mentioned the nis20e is for a 550 only. So I would say wrong springs. The extra length in the springs for theyd25 d40 would make the ride a bit more comfortable.

Rusty

I recently ordered efs leafs from fulcrum and was asked to measure the middle of my leaf to the centre of the rear eye on the leaf by Matthew at hillcrst fulcrum ...

. The measurement on my 2013 ST d40 was 740mm .. So I assume th niss20e will be sent to me? So it can't just be the 550 that has these ones?

Cheers, anyone have anymore info?
Mark

The only place that lists the 740mm ones as 550 only as far as I can see is the fulcrum site... The efs catalog itself seems to state 2009+ is the nis-20e leaf.

I also found a nz site selling efs leafs that seems to indicate the nis-17e leafs are pre facelift model navara and nis-20e post facelift..

Either way I think as long as you measure your current ones and get the same length all good... However my 2013 ST disproves the fact only 550s have 740mm centre to eye leafs. Who knows, wonder why the difference anyway , isn't everything else in the rear end the same or no?

I only thought the front end changed when they did the manufacturer change from Spain to Thai etc. I dint understand why the leaf packs changed. Can you get the nis17e leaves fittted to see the difference?

Rusty

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am going to see how it goes for now. Next question is way do EFS offer two sizes and know one else does?

I recently fitted Bluemax Rear leafs to my D40. Bluemax offer two different sizes for D40 Rears and measured my factory springs to check the sizing.

Apparently Nissan made a few Small Suspension Changes around 2012 hence the need to check measurements.

Update, turns out I do have the right size springs.
Dug one of the old ones out of the scrap metal bin at the mechanics and measured it.

I am still finding the back too stiff, only have a hard lid and towbar fitted. Any suggestion on what can be do to fix it?

Also the back has developed a squeak since the lift kit has gone in.

EFS rear leaf springs here to. I don't know anything about the 550 or part numbers but do know the springs that went in the rear was dictated by whether the front had the peg leg shocks or the shocks or where the ring is welded directly to the tube. Mine had the ring welded direct to the tube (Thai built) As it turns out the the new shocks (Bilstiens) now have the peg leg.

I know the only difference between the 300 Kg and 150 Kg EFS constant load springs is the 150's have one leaf removed, the second to longest.

Mine to are now squeaky. I'm going back to original rubber bushes, still have the virtually new rubber bushes.

Is the double wrapped eye meant to be to the front or the back? Is it possible for the springs to be installed backwards?

Latest posts

Back