EGR Blanking off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello to all,
Is there any reason why you (should) blank off EGR on the passenger side of the "tube like thing with the 2 rubber hoses connected that runs across front of block. On my 09 D22 2:5 CRD - access is heaps easier on the drivers side where the tube assembly bolts onto an alloy gismo which has a plug / wires connected to it. This is obviously on the other side to the thing with the 2 rubber hoses connected to it - (heat exchanger ?? ) Thanx again in advance for your valued advice.

its just a bit better to plate it before the heat exchanger so it doesn't get heated up so much by the exhaust. however the other side will do, its not a big issue. the cooling system wil handle full output from heat exchanger blocking egr anywhere will reduce heat going into the cooling system. its just blocking before heat exchanger will reduce heating a bit more than blocking after the heat exchanger.

Does anyone know where I can get a stanless plate made up and fitted to my D40 to perform this EGR mod in Brisbane?

I will be making one for mine when I get a chance mate, I might get a couple laser cut out so they look nice and professional and just bolt in, I'll post up when it's done.

Old Tony has, not sure which thread it's in but he's discussed it somewhere, try looking for egr threads in the D40 section I'm sure his comments are there somewhere.

Latest posts

Back