EGR Blocking plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwooly

Reaction score
Hi guys does this look like a EGR blocking plate on the passenger side of the engine to you.

I put one on the driver side a few weeks back thinking it had not been done on this car.Went to check it today to find it was clean so started looking elsewhere and found this which I suspect is the passenger side done.(hope so).

Also when checking the driverside noticed this crack in the crossover pipepipe on the driver side and noticed that there has been no leaking of gasses there.

All seems to point to the passenger side already being done .

Could anyone confirm for me as I don't know what the gasket looks like on this side also.In the pic its in the middle of the pic with what looks to be a small "tab" on the top.

Thanks for reading and look forward to any explanations.

Pjw

Attachments

• Nissan Blocking plate 011.jpg
    Nissan Blocking plate 011.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Nissan Blocking plate 003.jpg
    Nissan Blocking plate 003.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 107
if the egr valve wasn,t blocked off you would have alot of soot coming from that cracked pipe when the engine is reved up. i say its all done.

As above. Looks like it's been done already. To be honest, the plate looks a little thin for something sitting near the hottest part of the engine, but it's working so far - the cracked EGR pipe would have been making a fair bit of noise and causing some loss of boost.

Latest posts

Back