egt gauge ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zed

Reaction score
Howdy guys just wondering why my new vdo etg gauge is not working- what sort of temp should be showing at normal street cruzing ?
The diagram that came with the gauge does not show what wires coming from the prob should go on the back of the gauge - it has power to the unit when key is on and another set of wires for the light inside the unit..
I'm starting to think it's a dodgy one - this one is made in india ffs:pissedoff:!

whats the minimum temp on the gauge?
where is the probe fitted?
what engine do you have?

Heaya Tweak'e , ok it's a zd30 and the probe is fitted to the dump pipe "right after the turbo" . minimum reading on the gauge is 100 but the gauge has not moved from the seated position ?? i'm just about to go for an hour and half drive so I will see if it moves during this trip ! if I get no reading after an hour I will swap the wires over again and see if that helps ! I was doing so well getting the gauges fitted and plumbed too -damnit!
cheers and thanks tweak'e ,')

tarr ! yeah right my thought too but no it seems ! if I take this pillar mount off once more the gauges go on the bonnet ! I swear to "people that can't run a call centre" i'll throw it at ya' red dot ,') who makes V.D>ohhhh again ....
all jokes aside the only light on in this gauge is the one I fitted ....
If you look through the light socket you can see circuitry board- i'd say "a tired slant of eyed missed the solder on a chimp or two " , .....

It will be interesting to see what it sits on ,,, the boost gauge works "well it's reading" - telling 13 to 15 with the boot into it, not hard but steady through the gears...
It's in for readings tomorrow -dyno etc So I'll keep ya' posted...

minder- this is a 240klm on the clock i'd say never touched other than oil and maybe a filter every third change unit, picked it up off a civil engineer

all good , bad connector on the probe wire ! works fine now.. all good on the dyno ~ does need injectors though... have to look for a post on how to go about that one ! Mechanic wants $1000- to do it ~ can't afford that at the moment.. has a slight white mist from the exhaust on start up and take off and he said it would help this .... hope so !

Is the engine stock ? No chip etc.

If so, I wouldn't bother with extra gauges.

Wont be bothering on my Dmax, Isuzu know how to tune a motor.

owwwe dave , damn new car owners.....
Yes mate stock at the moment but looking into chips for the zd30 and will most certainly be fitting a intercooler for this reason and to catch the turbo if it decides to take a vacation north ,')
Do you know much about changing injectors ? any help would be brilliant ! Do you know of zxel injectors ? cheers

Howdy maldog8 don't know yet regarding sand etc but around town it's as tweak'e wrote 100 to 200 ...Dyno came up good regarding temps but now looking at injectors - here is a thought "can you use patrol zd30 injectors" I heard a rumour that they run higher flow rate or are bigger in some way ?? would this work in replace of a chip ?? Anyone got a thought on that ! cheers

Latest posts

Back