EGT guage probe into EGR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMutt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have searched numerous times and found a suggestion to install the EGT guage thermocouple probe into the EGR pipework to gain pre turbo temps, but no more info or photos on how and what section to drill and tap.
I'm about to fit a chip and exhaust to my 09 D22 and want to keep an eye on EGT temps. The EGR has been blocked but I'd like to retain it for resale.

well if i was to do it that way, i recon the easiest way would be to remove the pipe alltogether and block both ends , install the prob into your blank plate that you put on the manifold

I've got mine in the egr pipe, I just ran a 6mm tap through the head of the pipe closest to the turbo where the metals a bit thicker, 8 months down the track no leaks or issues to speak of

I remove my pipe and capped both ends.the blank on the exhaust manifold ive tapped for the egt probe.probe goes about 50mm into the exhaust stream..but im still unsure if its reading correctly as its only getting its hot gas from no 1 cylinder...mine towing 2 ton up a big hill with a chip i see mabee 350-380° seems a tad cool to me.i wonder if it would increase if i was reading all 4 cylinders at just before the turbo

One of mine is in the same place as yours Camo, I've seen 750c.

mines in the same place as camo (on a ZD30 ) and i've seen 700's. Backed off once it hit that, i reckon it would have kept going but if i pushed harder

ive got a probe in the exhaust egr port. works well saves you tapping into the exhaust manifold.

Not the greatest pic but gives you an idea.

Mitch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back