Egt install FAIL

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevor1985

Reaction score
Where do I start went to install my Egt drilled into dump where it said by chip it instructions, into a heat shield holding bolt all went sweet then tried to tapp it with supplied Egt probe bolt like the rep said guess what stripped straight out so now I'm pretty well fucked, hole in the dump pipe that I can't even tap, I'm pretty good with most mechanical but this just does my head in, will that little effect anything by just leaving it for the time being....???????

Na mate just the probe fitting. The bloke at chipit just told me to do that I said about getting a tap and he said no need goes in real easy mate just glides straight in should have just went with what I know hey!!

He has F**ked you over major.

You needed to tap the thread, my advice would be to get a 1/8 helicoil kit from a bolt barn to repair the thread. If your dont know how to use the helicoils I recommend watching a youtube clip.

Good luck.

PS: driving it wont cause any damage.

Last edited:
Was thinking maybe getting one tacked on can u get mild steel ones or do they only come in stainless. Never again I'm just gonna stick with what I know, save yourself $50 he said now its cost gonna cost more than fuck I'm filthy right tools everywhere, spat it big time even got a scratch on my bonnet now from when I through the ratchet. Just went and bought a tap set tried to save it it's to far gone now.

He has F**ked you over major.

You needed to tap the thread, my advice would be to get a 1/8 helicoil kit from a bolt barn to repair the thread. If your dont know how to use the helicoils I recommend watching a youtube clip.

Good luck.

PS: driving it wont cause any damage.

I think Leprechaun's right I would use a helicoil over trying to get it welded might also be quicker.

I just been to masters and got an exact fit reducer just got to drill a 12 mm hole instead then screw it in, them put the Egt probe bolt into that, just hope the probe isn't to short which I don't think it is.

you should be able to get a stainless adapter to weld on there if you wanna go that way, i would i dont think anything should be tapped into just an exhaust tube not enough meat but thats just my opinion

you should be able to get a stainless adapter to weld on there if you wanna go that way, i would i dont think anything should be tapped into just an exhaust tube not enough meat but thats just my opinion
its tapped in through one of the heat shield mounts so there is at least 10mm for it to bite into

I'm just gonna get a heli coil tomorrow shit this is costing some money. All because some gives u wrong information.

Latest posts

Back