EGT or Boost Gauge ????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav04

Reaction score
gday guys.
just wanting to get your thoughts on this topic. i'm wanting to install either of these gauges and asking which one to go with?
reason for this is i'm doing a trip out to Silverton ( Broken Hill) in September and with all the hype about the 3.0 lt engine dramas i want to keep a check on the engine while towing the Jayco out there. i really only want to install one of these two so which would be the best one?

cheers in advance.

The two gauges perform entirely different functions.

The EGT gauge allows you to protect the turbocharger from overheating (or damage through being too hot when the engine is shut down). The boost gauge just tells you how much boost you're running so it's more decorative than necessarily functional - your ECU may already monitor boost pressures (not sure in a '04) so you may not have to worry too much about boost pressure causing an issue.

I'd go the pyrometer.

it's the patrol 3ltr that had massive boost spikes. the navara turbo as far as i know does not have the turbo spikes that causes harm to the engine itself so i would go the EGT as Old.Tony mention above.

The two gauges perform entirely different functions.

The EGT gauge allows you to protect the turbocharger from overheating (or damage through being too hot when the engine is shut down). The boost gauge just tells you how much boost you're running so it's more decorative than necessarily functional - your ECU may already monitor boost pressures (not sure in a '04) so you may not have to worry too much about boost pressure causing an issue.

I'd go the pyrometer.

G,day Nav04,

As what Old Tony advises, note for the best result tap into the exhaust manifold. If you have only one preference, go the pyrometer.

Regards,

RLI
:rock:

Latest posts

Back