Egt temps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batcho

Reaction score
Hey guys keen to here what egt ranges everyone's d40 is running at and with what mods.

I just installed my gauge and the highest I could get it with some high load 4th gear pulls up hills was 350-375.

Measured 50mm post turbo

I measure mine from the egr port in the exhaust manifold and the max i can get is about 350°c thats with a chip and boost at 25psi. Open exhaust but still have the cat...im still sceptical this is correct as it seems a little low

I measure mine from the egr port in the exhaust manifold and the max i can get is about 350°c thats with a chip and boost at 25psi. Open exhaust but still have the cat...im still sceptical this is correct as it seems a little low

Thats my worry too. The gauge i bought was a cheaper ebay one and i'd heard people talking about d40s running hot from standard and safe egts up to 550ish.

yeah that dont seem right i had one in my 06 d40 and that would easly get to 550 celcius and when i had a full load of wood in the tamdem it would hit 650 and beyond. but then again maybe mine was faulty who know's.

yeah that dont seem right i had one in my 06 d40 and that would easly get to 550 celcius and when i had a full load of wood in the tamdem it would hit 650 and beyond. but then again maybe mine was faulty who know's.

Was that 550 degrees holding boost/power up hills for long periods of time or just normal driving.

My drive to work tonight it sat between 300-350 just cruising along in 5th/6th. 350 was when i was going up a small rise

Mines gets to that temp coming up the hill from adelaide..i also have a aunber...? One suppose to be good.and im pretty sure ive got the right settings in it...only thing i can think of with mine is im only getting the exhaust stream from one pot(number 1)

Edit...mine has no load..empty ute,just me driving and very little fuel....if i chuck it in 6th and hit the gas 350deg c is as high as ive seen it...mind you the hill isnt massive... drop it back a cog and flatten it again its around or under 300

Last edited:
mine hits 500 easy ,doing 110kph in 6th gear ,mine has a chip ,hard piping (hot side) and 285/70/17 muddies.

sorry i didn't mention that my pyro is a scyntex digital read out and it's post turbo next to the turbo flange.

Pretty sure it's post turbo, " Chip it" fitted it for me, it's a digital gauge they sell on there site.

Thats the same one im running too...i wondering if i can do a quick boiling water test...ie grab kettle and boil it with the probe inside...just to test the acuracy at boiling point.....any thoughts?

Had a bit more of testing and highest I've seen is just over 450 in a 6th gear pull. Average cruising temps around 300 degrees in 6th gear 80-100kmh

Have u's got the probe in the dump pipe. Not sure what u mean by post turbo

Back