Electric rust protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
Does ERP really work and if so what are the best brands and how many connectors would i need on the nav chassis??
i heard that some small rust spots have even turned back to metal so it stops the rust dead in its tracks even if its already there.

they wont turn rust spots back to metal thats for sure, most dont even claim to stop surface rust but they stop the more cancerous rust that starts after surface rust. Personally I don't see it working however my brother inlaw claims to have been driving trucks hauling salt and reckons the contractors with erps were getting years and years out of a trailer will the ones without were shagged out super quick. So I don't know. I would be interested to here people experiences also

yea i think he meant like the tinniest rust spot went brown or black not neceserally back to metal.ive heard both ends of the spectrum so will be good to know everyones experience.i plan to paint the chassis then put it on (if it works).that way it will be like starting fresh for the chassis and should hopefully keep it rust free.
hauling salt sure wouldnt help with rust haha

It's cheap protection considering the cost to repair bad rust. I'm using the CAT III system with 2 pads. So far I've noticed the little surface rusts spots on the body haven't grown in size so I'm assuming it's working to some degree.
Don't be under any illusions that you don't have to give your nav a proper wash after you drive it on the beach or through the salt water.

Latest posts

Back