electronic brake controller

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
getting 1500kg poptop van and need a controller, is one better than another, or do you just go hayman reece? what guage wiring do i need for it to the plug, and also fridge power? thanks in advance (((-;

getting 1500kg poptop van and need a controller, is one better than another, or do you just go hayman reece? what guage wiring do i need for it to the plug, and also fridge power? thanks in advance (((-;
The controller will do the job for that little van, but you can do better. Is the fridge in the van a 3 way?, 6-8mm is needed via a Anderson plug, NOT the aux in the trailer plug.

If your van has a house batttery they used to wire the 12 volt direct to that. The amount of power it draws to run the 12 volt element is best powered from the alternator direct to the terminals at the fridge. Also on 12 volt there is no thermostat on the fridge so it does not know when to stop.

A better way is to use a inverter and power the fridge on 240 while you travel, this gives you thermostat control and a more powerfull element when the conditions are hot. You may look at some computer fans on the top vent to remove the hot air, that works very well too.

Send a PM if you need a hand mate, Tony knows a bit about controllers and 12 volt from tug to van too.If you plan on running 12 volt get the best wire you can for the fridge. The H/R is ok for a smaller van, mine was 1.7t and I updated it later on.

Latest posts

Back