Endless Air systems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone got the high volume arb air compressor, apparently they pump up car tyres quite fastand are a very good compressor in general. A downside to the under bonnet compressor is your car has to be running for it to be used.

Downside is more like the final cost. At a list price of around $450 that is for the compressor only - fitting kit, tank, belts and idlers, airlines and disconnects bring the final cost to anywhere between $1200 -$1800.
Scratch that idea.

Got another one though. It's not new but it is simple and seems to have been forgotten in this day and age of gadgets and accessories.
I'll fill ya's in once I've perfected it and with any luck wont cost me any more than $30.

i looked at getting the ARB. however its not fast (rated 72lpm) but it wil do high pressure reliably (ie for lockers).
i got the projecta typoon (150 litres per minute) and modded it a bit for reliability. i won't use it much or for any high pressure. plenty of similar ones around (probably all out of the same china factory)
i did see a mag that tested a lot of them and they tested fairly well.

when running electric compressors you really want to have engine running as well. they draw a fair bit of power and low voltage kills electric motors. much better to be poking 13 volts into them than 11 volts.

Got another one though. It's not new but it is simple and seems to have been forgotten in this day and age of gadgets and accessories.
I'll fill ya's in once I've perfected it and with any luck wont cost me any more than $30.

spray can and lighter ??

sparkplug compressor ?

:stop:Dont plan on rolling off the bead nor do I have a petrol engine.
Keep guessing you'll get there

My ARB cost me $360 and that was in Broome, pumps quick enough for me 10 mins max to take my 33's from 20 to 35psi

My ARB cost me $360 and that was in Broome, pumps quick enough for me 10 mins max to take my 33's from 20 to 35psi
but what if your on road pressure is 40-50psi ? your going to be sitting there for a while.

one thing to watch, most pumps have a duty cycle and length of time they are on for. with a small pump you may only get 3 tires done and have to sit and wait for it to cool down before you can do the forth.

Duty cycle is most important and that's why I have little faith in 12v units.
Those who are now looking for receptacles around their vehicles to use as pressure vessels be mindful that to pressurise a 20l receiver to 110-120 psi will take over 25 mins at the rate of even 75lpm. It will kill it and you will get a minimal gain from the stored pressure.

Latest posts

Back