Engel Fridge install on tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40Craig

Reaction score
I need to install my 40 Litre engel on the tray full time. I was wondering If any of you guys have done this and have had any major problems with the wheather. A lot of pig shooters out west have them on their trays 24/7, out in the open, seemingly without a problem. The mounting side is sorted.
The fridge already has a transit bag and will be under a canvas canopy SOME of the time.
Cheers.

Hey Craig ive had my mt45 engel on the front of my camper since 2007. Rain hail or shine its never missed a beat.

Out of curiosity how are you securing it so people can't just unplug and take it? Reason is I want to do similar.

I've got a large frame on the tray which holds all my work gear. (Big checker plate tool boxes and every thing is bolted onto it). When I want to go away for the weekend or on holiday, the whole thing lifts off with extended 'jockey stands' on each corner.
I bolted the fridge on thru the frame and up thru the feet on the fridge using longer bolts. If someone was to steal it, they would have to take the frame off first which would need at least 6 strong guys. And just for a fridge? I also removed the handles so there is nowhere to even try to just rip in up.

It sounds like I'll have no problem with the wheather either mate, thanks for that.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back