engine oil for d22 2012 yd25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezelberry

Reaction score
houdi all, just about to do the first oil change on my d22. wondering which oil is the best. Service manual says 20w 40 but dealer says 10w 40, which brand is best and what ratio should i go with please help.
CHEERS

Heavy as in to thick for startup. Even though its graded for our climate and all mechanics use this grade unless specified I found that I had a bad engine rattle to long with the 10w stuff. The thinner stuff doesn't seem to rattle as long and the tensioner adjusts a lot quicker.

Normally Rusty it works the other way----heavier oil reduces rattling..due to the xtra stress take to shear heavier oil..remember viscosity is only a shear value

^^that may be the case, but heavier oil will take longer to pump around the motor. It might reduce rattling when warm, but when cold the longer it takes to build up oil pressure the noisier it will be...

^^that may be the case, but heavier oil will take longer to pump around the motor. It might reduce rattling when warm, but when cold the longer it takes to build up oil pressure the noisier it will be...

works the other way as well..pumps are positive displacement

Latest posts

Back