Engine removal sissor gear failure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
Guys, have any of you pulled the engines out of your D40'S yet? I went to replace my timing chains and the pin fell out of the balance shaft sissor gear. Which means engine out sump off to replace the gear or reset it. I'll also add my car is pushing 200,000 an the chains were pretty good considering. Can any one also help me buy posting a picture of the timing procedure, thanks guys

Mate I had the same happen and it is a shit job. You can just see the timing marks on the balance shaft gears that need to be aligned with a mirror and torch. The gears need to be locked I just used a rag around a screw driver and then the scissor gear needs to be rotated anti clock wise to get a pin in the scissor gear before the crank gear goes on. The balance gears may need to be turned several times around to get the marks lined up again.

you can rotate the front face of the scissor gear against the spring tension and lock it with a bolt or modified screwdriver. Then the timing is a simple case of lining up the marks on the pulleys.

Latest posts

Back