Engine smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza

Reaction score
Hi all,

just another question regarding the Navara I just purchased.

Is it normal for them to blow a bit of smoke? Judging by other threads on here, it seems to be a common thing with the D40's and YD25 engine.

Just noticed tonight that going through the gears with moderate acceleration it was smoking basically while accelerating from 1,2,3.

It did seem to clear up though.

What are the things to check? Aircleaner, turbo, injectors?

Thanks for the help.

From my experience most diesels will blow smoke under load, some less some more.

I only notice my D40 doing so at night under hard acceleration and viewing the cloud behind me.

There have been a few topics lately on the same subject.

Yep had good reads of all the threads.

I just guess I want to make sure the car is in tip top shape and it's the first diesel I've owned so I'm just getting accustomed to the diesel vs petrol differences.

Will type of fuel and oil contribute to te smoking too, especially in a manual as well without the DPF?

Poor quality fuel will probably produce more smoke but you will also notice the lack of power.

Almost all diesels emit smoke - the black stuff is actually soot, or incompletely burnt diesel. You can reduce the amount of soot by improving the engine's chance of combusting the fuel properly - block the EGR tube. You can also fit a catch can to reduce the oil from blow-by entering the intake manifold.

Latest posts

Back